Windows 10: Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus.

Discus and support Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It detects Utorront as PUA Potential Unwanted App while it is not.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Teodor Todorov, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus.

It detects Utorront as PUA Potential Unwanted App while it is not.

:)

Teodor Todorov, Jul 28, 2021
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Defender AntiVirus

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this to Microsoft Community. Let's try to start Windows Defender services and see if it helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R key and type
      Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus. [​IMG]
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for the service "Windows Defender".
    • Right click on "Windows Defender" and click Properties.
    • Click Start button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save changes.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus.

Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus.

1. Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus. - Similar Threads - Something wrong Microsoft

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus: With Microsoft Defender Antivirus does one require to install another virus protection software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus/4169bed0-cd0a-48f0-b76f-99f75570a206
  3. Something wrong with windows defender

Something wrong with windows defender: Hi:I don't know what happened to my windows defender suddenly found the icons inside the program has changedto rectangular shape anyone know about that....
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: How do I uninstall McAfee and use Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11 on an Inspiron 15 3501 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus/961a8fc2-ecaa-464c-b433-84342add715b
  5. Microsoft defender antivirus

Microsoft defender antivirus: I have installed and activated Bitdefender Total Security in my PC but Windows Update keeps trying to install a critical update for Microsoft defender antivirus no matter how many times I asked to ignore it.As it is expected, the installation procedure fails every time since...
  6. Microsoft defender antivirus

Microsoft defender antivirus: After running microsoft defender scans it doesn't give me any notifications like it used to notify before i even checked my settings all notifications regarding microsoft defender antivirus are turned on but still it's not giving me any notifications of scan results ..what do...
  7. microsoft defender antivirus

microsoft defender antivirus: i am trying to mine with my pc but the microsoft defender antivirus keeps flagging this as a threat and removes it. how do i stop this from deleting this every time? thank you...
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hello, I am currently on an old Image on Windows 10 basically the Antimalware Client isn't updated to its latest version. I don't know on how to install it as I seem to be running into a pickle of a update....
  9. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hi guys i have a problem with Microsoft Defender Antivirus *first i think the problem is i deleted a file or something from Microsoft Defender Antivirus and thats my problem *i cant find the app in settings and i cant see the antivirus icon in the taskbar and when i...
  10. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: In this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/troubleshoot-windows-defender-antivirus. According to the the mentioned link the generated events should be displayed at the following location in the Event Viewer:-...