Windows 10: Something just updated requiring a reboot

Discus and support Something just updated requiring a reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A little message popped up saying a reboot is required to finish an installation. How do I find out what just installed on my machine. I had a quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by banger, Dec 22, 2019.

1. banger Win User

Something just updated requiring a reboot

A little message popped up saying a reboot is required to finish an installation. How do I find out what just installed on my machine. I had a quick look at the event viewer but couldnt see anything in there other than the machine starting up. Also checked installed updates but nothing recent there. Any ideas?

V1909 build 18363.535

:)

banger, Dec 22, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Something just updated requiring a reboot :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 22, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Dec 22, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Something just updated requiring a reboot - Similar Threads - Something updated requiring

2. Hello, I rebooted the laptop, after rebooting the software required updating Windows, I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I rebooted the laptop, after rebooting the software required updating Windows, I...: Hello, I rebooted the laptop, after rebooting the software required updating Windows, I updated Windows, now the laptop requires a code, how can I find it?...
  3. Hello, I rebooted the laptop, after rebooting the software required updating Windows, I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, I rebooted the laptop, after rebooting the software required updating Windows, I...: Hello, I rebooted the laptop, after rebooting the software required updating Windows, I updated Windows, now the laptop requires a code, how can I find it?...
  4. Just trying to reboot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just trying to reboot...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FamiliarInflation [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikfo9y/just_trying_to_reboot/
  5. Exe's require a reboot to delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exe's require a reboot to delete?: Every since a recent update this/last week I'm having issues with deleting exe's. This is what happens. I delete the executable and it'll disappear from Windows Explorer. I close the window and re-open it and the file is back. However, not really. If I try to delete this...
  6. Something is just not right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is just not right: After whole night of dancing around my laptop, I got some major problems with product... Computer was constantly using 2 GB of ram memory and I couldnt install graphic drivers. After force restarting the computer, windows explorer died and I got my Lenovo frozen to the...
  7. Something just updated requiring a reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Something just updated requiring a reboot: A little message popped up saying a reboot is required to finish an installation. How do I find out what just installed on my machine. I had a quick look at the event viewer but couldnt see anything in there other than the machine starting up. Also checked installed updates...
  8. Error occurred and REBOOT requiring

Error occurred and REBOOT requiring: Hello everyone When I was using my laptop, a sudden error occurred. Then the familiar blue screen appeared. But just a minute later, it turned off itself and ran the command “Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a...
  9. Password is not required on reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password is not required on reboot: I ended up needing to reload windows to get 1809 to load properly. Now when you reboot the computer, it does not challenge you for a password even though it is set up to require a password. If I log out of the user, then the password is requested as appropriate. In the old...
  10. Strange automatic reboot... No BSOD, just reboot

Strange automatic reboot... No BSOD, just reboot: Hi there! Well... after thinking I had my reboot problems fixed, today I had this issue... I was just browsing using Firefox, and suddently, the mouse lagged, just before the system rebooted unexpectedly. This happened before... but strangely, just happens when I'm using...