Windows 10: Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting

Discus and support Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 4 Windows 10 machines at home, and one of them is showing the infamous "going to sleep" problem. That PC goes into sleep after about 15 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChriskK, Mar 5, 2018.

1. ChriskK Win User

Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting

I have 4 Windows 10 machines at home, and one of them is showing the infamous "going to sleep" problem. That PC goes into sleep after about 15 seconds of inactivity.

-If I reset the power setting and create a new power setting (e.g., sleep after 2 hours), the PC works normally for a day. Then, the next day it shows the "sleep problem" again.
    -The system files are OK, and no hardware issues have been found.
    -Another Win 10 machine has the same motherboard, CPU and graphic card as the problematic one, but doesn't show the same sleep problem.

So, something keeps changing the power setting. Is there a way to find a culprit?

:)

ChriskK, Mar 5, 2018

2. windows 10 freezing

My Lenovo computer with 12 GB RAM and a core i5 processor keeps freezing for a minute or so then begins operating again.

I may have found a solution.

This deals with the Power Management

>Start>settings>system>power & sleep>related settings>additional power settings>Lenovo power scheme>change plan settings>

Advanced settings>PCI express>Link state power management>setting> change to OFF.

Then I saw something which deals with USB (my mouse and my keyboard are USB connected to machine).

>Start>settings>system>power & sleep>related settings>additional power settings>Lenovo power scheme>change plan settings>

Advanced settings>USB settings>USB selective suspend setting>change setting to Disabled.

Also look at Internet Explorer

Advanced settings>internet explorer>java script>change setting to Maximum Power Saving.

jayheldman, Mar 5, 2018
  3. Savanna10 Win User
    Touch pad settings

I keep changing the touch pad settings on my laptop so that I am able to scroll with one finger. This works fine, however when I power my laptop off, the settings change back to default. Is there a way to keep the settings from going back to default?

Savanna10, Mar 5, 2018
Thema:

Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting

1. Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting - Similar Threads - Something Keeps Changing

2. Something keeps changing my desktop username

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something keeps changing my desktop username: Hello,some file keeps changing my desktop username to the n-word! ive runned a full virus scan with my avast anti-virus and it didnt detect anything ! it even changes my desktop name to the n-word even when i before changed my desktop name!!! please help me im on windows 10...
  3. Why's my brightness level and power plan setting keep changing by itself?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why's my brightness level and power plan setting keep changing by itself?: My laptop is MSI GF75 Thin 10SDRi7 10750H 2.6 GHzGTX 1660 Ti 6 GB VRAM16 GB Dual Channel RAMWindows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.985First of all, I apologize for my poor English skill, it's not my native language and learns it by self-taught so I hope...
  4. Windows keeps changing my power plan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps changing my power plan: I built my desktop. For some reason when I select a power plan, it sticks with that plan then it switches to power saver. I've looked this up and it's really only happened to people with a laptop. How do I fix this?...
  5. Windows keeps changing my power plan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps changing my power plan: the power options i have: power saver, balanced, high performance, ultimate performance, ryzen balanced and ryzen high performance. Currently using ryzen balanced. After i reboot the pc it auto switches to windows power saver. Why is that happening? i did find a fix online,...
  6. Windows 10 sleep and power settings keep changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep and power settings keep changing: Have a rather strange one here that I've been scratching my head on. We run Dell laptops at our job and I keep running into issues with sleep and power settings that don't stay after I make a change. Here is an example: Under Sleep & Power Settings for Sleep, I have the...
  7. Power setting keep changing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power setting keep changing by itself: Power settings change randomly to "Balanced" from high performance. I can't run my photo editing software on balanced power. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-setting-keep-changing-by-itself/ca332e01-585b-4347-886f-6fd2f2cc0709
  8. Why does Windows10 keep changing my power settings

Why does Windows10 keep changing my power settings: I seem to locked in a deadly struggle with Windows10 over the power settings on a new PC. I do not want the screen going to sleep. I do not want the machine to hibernate. Yet, every week or so - this week now TWICE - Windows10 has reset my PC so the screen goes black after...
  9. Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 keeps changing my power plan settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 keeps changing my power plan settings: As the title says when ever i use Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 as soon as i click the x to exit program it resets my power scheme changing screen timeout and changing my ssd idle time to 0 if i wanted it to be 0 i would set it my self, how do i prevent PWD15 from doing what i...
  10. Something called TiWorker.exe keeps changing my power plan

Something called TiWorker.exe keeps changing my power plan: Since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, several times now I have found my power plan changing by itself. I have defined a custom power plan that puts my computer to sleep after 45 minutes. But several times, I have found my power plan changed to put my computer to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something keeps reinstalling power plan