Windows 10: Something keeps giving me access to the default junctions

Discus and support Something keeps giving me access to the default junctions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tested on two different computers; maybe it's some tweak I made or something I have installed, but for some reason, I keep getting access to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chinagreenelvis, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Something keeps giving me access to the default junctions

I've tested on two different computers; maybe it's some tweak I made or something I have installed, but for some reason, I keep getting access to the legacy reparse points, which results in recursive search results in various programs. Giving the computer a restart seems to temporarily restore the denial of access. I've also tried using a program called Junction Box to restore them, but each fix is only for a short while. The actual permissions of these folders have not been changed, nor have the security settings as far as I can tell.

:)

chinagreenelvis, Jun 28, 2021
  2. GDavid Win User

Symbolic link (Junction/s), how-to mklink? Please help with Junction?

Hi all, having been a member at Seven then Ten forums for a fair while I'm hoping to find a straight answer here..? Apologies in advance if this is too verbose.
    Windows 10 system booting from (UEFI) NVME with 2xSSDs + 2 MHDDs for storage...

An application (Xperia Companion) which will not let me select or personalise the location for saving backups of my cellular phone data...

Think I found a fair definition of the differences at the Computer hope site which would suggest it's a Junction I need:
    I want Xperia companion to save backups to F:\Sony Backups NOT the default C:\Users\GD\Documents\Sony. Would the Junction (link) allow me to to fulfill my wants and could someone please demonstrate the mklink commands needed?

with thanks and regards,
    Dave

GDavid, Jun 28, 2021
  3. harrymc Win User
    7zip force ignore NTFS junctions

I would suggest to go in two steps :

1. Generate a list of all the junctions in the folder
    2. Create a 7Zip archive from the folder while excluding the files in the list.

For the first step, you may use the following command in a Command Prompt :

Where :

• /A displays all files with a specific attribute, and L specifies reparse points (symlinks and directory junctions)
    • /S makes the command recursive
    • /B specifies the bare format of only file names.

When zipping the folder use the
    -x (Exclude filenames) switch :

harrymc, Jun 28, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Something keeps giving me access to the default junctions

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Something keeps giving me access to the default junctions :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

Something keeps giving me access to the default junctions

1. Something keeps giving me access to the default junctions - Similar Threads - Something keeps giving

2. Not giving me access to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not giving me access to my laptop.: My laptop is not allowing me to login. It is asking me for a verification code from my phone number and I don't have the phone number with me is there a way I can change the number to the one I have so I can have access to my laptop....
  3. Not giving me access to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not giving me access to my laptop.: My laptop is not allowing me to login. It is asking me for a verification code from my phone number and I don't have the phone number with me is there a way I can change the number to the one I have so I can have access to my laptop....
  4. Asking for access code but not giving me an access code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for access code but not giving me an access code: Hi,I have clicked the wrong setting when trying to change a setting option in my account, and there was no way to surpass the access code option and tried to recover by using my second email recovery. Which now I'm left with both accounts not being able to login without...
  5. Asking for access code but not giving me an access code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for access code but not giving me an access code: Hi,I have clicked the wrong setting when trying to change a setting option in my account, and there was no way to surpass the access code option and tried to recover by using my second email recovery. Which now I'm left with both accounts not being able to login without...
  6. Asking for access code but not giving me an access code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. KB4601382 keeps giving me 0x80070003

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4601382 keeps giving me 0x80070003: Hi, I've done a clean install in an All in One PC of Windows 10 Home 20H2, and everything works fine except the lasts Windows updates are driving me nuts. There are two, one optional and another one normal. These both 2 updates are apparently downloading correctly, installing...
  8. NT Authority will not give me access !!!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NT Authority will not give me access !!!!: Hello, I could use some real help here. I have a Dell Inspiron 5775 running Windows 10 Home 1909 up to date, in the past I could go into performance monitor as admin and I could add New Data Sets for GPU and CPU. Now when I tried to add these parameters I keep getting the NT...
  9. NT Authority will not give me access !!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    NT Authority will not give me access !!!!: Hello, I could use some real help here. I have a Dell Inspiron 5775 running Windows 10 Home 1909 up to date, in the past I could go into performance monitor as admin and I could add New Data Sets for GPU and CPU. Now when I tried to add these parameters I keep getting the NT...
  10. When i try to search something,it gives me something different

in Windows 10 Support
    When i try to search something,it gives me something different: when i try to search for something, example "when",i will get Shampoo for Dandruff and all the stuff which i dint serch for.i really dont know what is going on, help me. 129245