Windows 10: Something keeps trying to add a toolbar when my PC sleeps

Discus and support Something keeps trying to add a toolbar when my PC sleeps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I use a Windows 10 laptop that sits on my desk in an isolated office. Connected to this device is a mouse, a keyboard, and two external monitors. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kevin_Parrish, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Something keeps trying to add a toolbar when my PC sleeps

I use a Windows 10 laptop that sits on my desk in an isolated office. Connected to this device is a mouse, a keyboard, and two external monitors. When I'm done for the day, I close the lid and shut the office door. No living, moving animal or human remains inside.

When I come back in the morning, my desktop icons are moved around and the right external display shows this popup:

"A toolbar is already hidden on this side of your screen. You can have only one auto-hide toolbar per side."

Additionally, I find the "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" setting toggled off.

Again, nothing enters my office at night. I have kittens and originally thought there wee merely dancing on my keyboard at night. But I moved into a new office where no animals are allowed. That means no humans or pets access my PC. To my knowledge I don't have any ghosts.

I also swapped out the mouse and keyboard with new, out-of-the-box models.

I'm running Windows 10 1903. "i chose the "Sleep and Power on/off" topic because this issue happens only when the laptop sleeps.

:)

Kevin_Parrish, Aug 21, 2019
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Something keeps trying to add a toolbar when my PC sleeps

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Something keeps trying to add a toolbar when my PC sleeps

1. Something keeps trying to add a toolbar when my PC sleeps - Similar Threads - Something keeps trying

2. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' when trying to log in after sleeping PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' when trying to log in after sleeping PC.: When I turn my PC on from being fully shut down, it takes me to the lock screen as normal and I am able to enter my PIN and login normally.However, if I set my PC to go into sleep mode, upon waking it I can no longer use my PIN to unlock my PC and it tells me that something...
  3. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' when trying to log in after sleeping PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' when trying to log in after sleeping PC.: When I turn my PC on from being fully shut down, it takes me to the lock screen as normal and I am able to enter my PIN and login normally.However, if I set my PC to go into sleep mode, upon waking it I can no longer use my PIN to unlock my PC and it tells me that something...
  4. Add Toolbar to permanent list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Toolbar to permanent list: I know, how to add a toolbar to the task bar. How do i make that permanent in the list of selectable toobars?In this list of toolbars screenshot most toolbars are invisible but still listed like e.g. "HP Support Assistant Quick Access".But if I klick on "Quick Launch" to hide...
  5. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow: Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the...
  6. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow: Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the...
  7. Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep - MY COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep - MY COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP...: Windows 10 HOME My Computer keeps going to sleep mode after 1 MIN. I have to re-enter my password etc. I DON'T mind placing password in to login. I JUST DONT WANT IT GOING TO SLEEP AFTER 1 MIN. I understand computers pretty well. I've done TONS of research online to...
  8. add fb messenger to toolbar

add fb messenger to toolbar: I lost messenger from my tool bar so I can't get to it quickly how do I get it back Running win 10 160294
  9. Something tried to shut down my pc, troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something tried to shut down my pc, troubleshoot: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro with latest updates, but no optional ones. I was just casually using my computer, formatting an microSD from my phone what I upgraded and browsing the internet, when something apparently sent a shut down command to my system. All tasks started...
  10. Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.: When I try to make my laptop sleep without closing the id, it sleeps for just 1 sec and then wakes up automatically. I used the lastwake cmd line, and found this: Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device...