Windows 10: Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

Discus and support Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Boy do I have a long story for you guys. I built this PC a four or five years ago. A friend of mine set it all up for me, apparently by using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VincentBrissette, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

Boy do I have a long story for you guys.

I built this PC a four or five years ago. A friend of mine set it all up for me, apparently by using a Windows 10 Education license. A while back, it expired and I didn't pay it any mind. But lately I tried to do a few things on my PC that all required me to have my account activated.

So I decided to buy a new license windows 10 home for myself, since I do not talk to the person who set up my PC a while back.

And before anyone tells me, I know you can't use Family keys on Education keys.

See, I factory reseted my PC something I was in need of doing because it was staring to go EXTREMELY slow for some reason and I couldn't understand why and now that I am trying to activate this Key it doesn't work and it keeps telling me "Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers." with the error code 0x803f7008 alongside it.

I bought this key on September 21st 2020, so I know the key hasn't expired and hasn't been used or I don't know what. It's brand spanking new. And yet, it still doesn't want to work, no troubleshooting works, the virtual helper doesn't offer help either.

Does anyone have any idea? Because I am at a standstill right now and no answers I can find online seem to be able to reolve the issue.

:)

VincentBrissette, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

Rough translation = "it's not you, it's us..."

Microsoft seems to be having 'server troubles' at the moment. Seems the Store is down too....
    Store update

3. cereberus Win User

As a tip originally from @Kari iirc, I always name each activated installation in settings menus as XXXXX-act so when I look on the MS account, I know which devices are activated, as you cannot tell in the MS account.

This enables me to delete old ones not activated to keep this tidy.

Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers [​IMG]

cereberus, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

Would appreciate your assistance!

Have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer (all legal), and got Windows 10 on it using the Media creation tool. It went flawlessly.

However, tried to change some settings and was notified there was a problem with activation, and tto run the Troubleshooter. Got: "Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers", error code 0x87e107e3

Wouldn't the digital license come into play?
    Any clues as to how to solve this issue?

Thanks for your help.

CB

cottonball, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

1. Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers - Similar Threads - Something prevented communicating

2. Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers: Hello,I'm running windows server 2019 standard as host server with hyper V which has been activated fine with a product key.I have windows server 2019 standard that running on hyper V which I want to activate as well.Each of my attempts to activate the second 2019 server gets...
  3. Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers: Hello,I'm running windows server 2019 standard as host server with hyper V which has been activated fine with a product key.I have windows server 2019 standard that running on hyper V which I want to activate as well.Each of my attempts to activate the second 2019 server gets...
  4. Troubles Communicating with Microsoft Update Servers on our network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubles Communicating with Microsoft Update Servers on our network: Hello,Our work has recently come across a network issue which seems to be getting worse by the day. While connected to our internal network, we cannot reach the Microsoft Update Servers to conduct Windows Updates or call any data from their servers if we were to run the...
  5. Troubles Communicating with Microsoft Update Servers on our network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubles Communicating with Microsoft Update Servers on our network: Hello,Our work has recently come across a network issue which seems to be getting worse by the day. While connected to our internal network, we cannot reach the Microsoft Update Servers to conduct Windows Updates or call any data from their servers if we were to run the...
  6. Troubles Communicating with Microsoft Update Servers on our network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to prevent apps from communicating with Unpaired Devices

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent apps from communicating with Unpaired Devices: [ATTACH]This article will help you if you want to prevent pre-installed apps from communicating […] This article How to prevent apps from communicating with Unpaired Devices first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Something is preventing us from communicating with our activation servers

in Windows 10 News
    Something is preventing us from communicating with our activation servers: [ATTACH]Windows Activation is an important process for both consumers and Microsoft, and like anything on Windows 10, it is not short of errors. If you […] This article Something is preventing us from communicating with our activation servers first appeared on...
  9. Prevent deletion of email from servers

in Browsers and Email
    Prevent deletion of email from servers: My home network includes a desktop PC (Windows 10), laptop (Windows 10), and my iPhone 6. I use Thunderbird on both the desktop and laptop, and both are set to leave email on the servers for all my email accounts, which are POP. When I view email first on the desktop or...
  10. something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers: Would appreciate your assistance! Have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer (all legal), and got Windows 10 on it using the Media creation tool. It went flawlessly. However, tried to change some settings and was notified there was a problem with activation, and tto run the...