Windows 10: something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

Discus and support something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Would appreciate your assistance! Have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer (all legal), and got Windows 10 on it using the Media creation tool. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cottonball, Sep 22, 2017.

1. something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

Would appreciate your assistance!

Have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer (all legal), and got Windows 10 on it using the Media creation tool. It went flawlessly.

However, tried to change some settings and was notified there was a problem with activation, and tto run the Troubleshooter. Got: "Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers", error code 0x87e107e3

Wouldn't the digital license come into play?
    Any clues as to how to solve this issue?

Thanks for your help.

CB

:)

cottonball, Sep 22, 2017

2. Windows activation doesn't work

Hello,

I recently bought myself an activation code for windows 10 Pro. Now when i want to go and activate my indows with this specific key it gives me this message: something prevented us from communicating with your activation servers 0x800706d9. I would like
    some help to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance

Michael983, Sep 22, 2017
  3. I have an HTC Arrive and would like to sync to my outlook calendar

Hakim B, I used the tutorial and still no luck. could our work server be preventing this and require active sync only? All the instructions I can get from work say 'EAS device' and access the active sync program...

SandyC_323, Sep 22, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

Rough translation = "it's not you, it's us..."

Microsoft seems to be having 'server troubles' at the moment. Seems the Store is down too....
    Store update

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try opening a Command Prompt (Admin) <"Run as administrator" Command Prompt> and run:

slmgr /ato

NavyLCDR, Sep 22, 2017
  6. Thanks for the replies!

Got:
    slui.exe 0x2a 0x803F7001

Then:
    Windows Activation
    An error has ocurred, contact MS by phone, etc.

cottonball, Sep 22, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User
    I agree with @Bree

MS sometimes "loses" digital licences on the server and then this sort of thing appears. Always a good idea to check if the device is registered under your MSA (if you use one)

A similar issue previously was solved via an MS support call and re-directing to the Store and re-activating that way... not sure if previous Store bought licence was necessary but that's how I recall that one being fixed.

Bottom line... only MS can fix this, but keep trying as @NavyLCDR suggested - perhaps servers were down/being upgraded and such.

Superfly, Sep 22, 2017
  8. something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

Success!!!

Kept getting Error code: 0x803f7001

Have a valid product key for windows 7 on the COA sticker of the PC, and decided to used it to activate Windows:

Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation
    Selected: Change product key

Then typed the 25-character product key. It activated!!!

Happy camper!!

Thanks for your help.*Smile

cottonball, Sep 23, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    As a tip originally from @Kari iirc, I always name each activated installation in settings menus as XXXXX-act so when I look on the MS account, I know which devices are activated, as you cannot tell in the MS account.

This enables me to delete old ones not activated to keep this tidy.

something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers [​IMG]

cereberus, Sep 23, 2017
  10. Thanks for the info, cereberus.

Only have the one installation. With any more, my 'cerebro' gets confused at a 9 level, on a scale of 1 to 10 !!

Have a nice week!.

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

1. something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers - Similar Threads - something prevented communicating

2. Try Again Later, Something Happened on Our End

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Try Again Later, Something Happened on Our End: I just downloaded Undertale to PC. I hit the install button and get a prompt asking permission from Host Process for Windows Services to make changes to my PC. I hit "yes" to allow permission, and then I get an error message that states, "Try Again Later, Something Happened...
  3. Can't communicate with Primary DNS Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't communicate with Primary DNS Server: Hi there, my name is Johny Duo and I need support about this. Operating system: Window 10 Problem: Can't communicate with Primary DNS Server This problem has just been appear on my screen recently. Can’t connect to the online world is very boring, so please help me this....
  4. "Our Activation Servers are not available at this time" Error code 0x80072ee7 when trying...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Our Activation Servers are not available at this time" Error code 0x80072ee7 when trying...: I have recently downloaded windows 10 upgrade from the Microsoft website, the download has installed,updated but won't activate. I was running a genuine windows 7 pro and have the Product Key for this version. The upgrade is Windows 10 Pro version1903 but won't activte, just...
  5. Windows Store - Something happened at our end

Windows Store - Something happened at our end: I've checked out every possible tutorial on how to fix the said problem, but none of them seem to have worked for me. This error is preventing me from installing any applications from Windows Store, and I'm hoping there could be a solution on getting rid of this problem....
  6. SERVER ERROR - The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from...

SERVER ERROR - The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from...: Click on SIGN UP for FREE button in Get Microsoft Teams for free Key in user name and password After that i am getting : Error 500 TTP500: SERVER ERROR - The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request. (XHR): GET -...
  7. activate our second computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activate our second computer.: We have had word 365 for a year and recently reactivated our license and we cannot get our second computer activated. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-our-second-computer/469b4965-4b74-448a-b6a7-5c3183450331"
  8. Prevent deletion of email from servers

in Browsers and Email
    Prevent deletion of email from servers: My home network includes a desktop PC (Windows 10), laptop (Windows 10), and my iPhone 6. I use Thunderbird on both the desktop and laptop, and both are set to leave email on the servers for all my email accounts, which are POP. When I view email first on the desktop or...
  9. Weekly BSOD on our SBS 2011 server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weekly BSOD on our SBS 2011 server: Dear support members, I need your help with fixing a BSOD issue with a server of one of our customers. I've run dm log collector and attached the zip file to my post. Attachment 25446 It is a DELL server but I don't know exactly which type. We've reinstalled the...
  10. How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard: I'm trying to figure out how to permanently disable English US (regular) keyboard layout on my laptop, but for some reason after a while eventually the US English keyboard gets added back and placed above in priority over US International which is what I set it to when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something prevented us from communicating

2. something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

3. something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers windows 10 upgraded

4. something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers. 0x87e10bcf,
  5. something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers. ,
  6. something is prevening us from communicating with our activation servers,
  7. windows 10 something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers,
  8. something prevent us from communicating with our activation servers. 0x87e10bc6,
  9. something prevented us from communicating with the activation server,
  10. windows 10 somethnig prevented activation,
  11. something prevented us from communication 0x87e10bc6,
  12. server 2019 licence something prevented us,
  13. windows 10 something prevented us,
  14. something prevented us from communicating with out activation servers,
  15. windows something prevented us from communicating with