Windows 10: something running in the background of my laptop using disc space/Windows cannot update

Discus and support something running in the background of my laptop using disc space/Windows cannot update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need help Please! There appears to be something running in the background of my laptop using disc space but my 2 anti virus programs are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JenKorpela, Feb 20, 2019.

1. something running in the background of my laptop using disc space/Windows cannot update

I need help Please!

There appears to be something running in the background of my laptop using disc space but my 2 anti virus programs are not detecting it. I have run the disc clean up several times. I am trying to run the Fresh Start on the computer but it says I need to free up 6 GB of space. After Deleting every one of my files and photos and all the apps we do not use - even some we do use I still get the same error. My Windows updates are also not working. I have run the troubleshooter a few times and it says it has fixed corrupted update database every time. I tried a system restore.... again, it says I do not have enough disc space. I tried restarting in Safe Mode. Same thing.... Over three hours I have been at this and NOTHING is helping!

I am not a very technical person and am ready to throw this less than a year old laptop out the window.

Thanks!

:)

JenKorpela, Feb 20, 2019

2. Low local disc space on a Surface and separately a laptop, both Windows 10, following Microsoft updates

Following a major Windows update around 4-6 weeks ago, my Microsoft Surface Pro displays a message 'Low disc space. You are running out of space on Disc: D: ' etc. I have read that this is a consequence of a Windows update. My Asus laptop, also Windows
    10, underwent a major Windows update last night - that took over an hour - and this laptop is now displaying the same message, referring to a local disc F. This MUST be caused by the Windows 10 update. Can anyone provide a step by step fix please - I am not
    a computer boffin and need your help to fix this Microsoft problem. Thank you, Rob Faircloth.

FingerShred, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Low local disc space on a Surface and separately a laptop, both Windows 10, following Microsoft updates

Forgot to mention - when I attempt to find the files on the near-full disc, '0' files are shown.

FingerShred, Feb 20, 2019
  4. something running in the background of my laptop using disc space/Windows cannot update

Local disc space F running low

In windows 10 I was notified that I am "running out of disc space on Local Disc F" not matter how much I remove it is unchanged at 8% available. Help, this has been going on since last update early June. I've used all the suggested removal utilities in
    Windows and HP.

HDThompson1, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

something running in the background of my laptop using disc space/Windows cannot update

1. something running in the background of my laptop using disc space/Windows cannot update - Similar Threads - something running background

2. Something using my laptop CPU in background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something using my laptop CPU in background.: My laptop's exhaust fans suddenly fires up at max speed, without even using anything that requires much of CPU. When I open Task Manager to see what's using all this CPU, I see 50%+ CPU uses and whatever is using CPU shuts down itself. I don't Know what to do...
  3. Something using my laptop CPU in background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something using my laptop CPU in background.: My laptop's exhaust fans suddenly fires up at max speed, without even using anything that requires much of CPU. When I open Task Manager to see what's using all this CPU, I see 50%+ CPU uses and whatever is using CPU shuts down itself. I don't Know what to do...
  4. Disc Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disc Space: I have a Desktop computer running windows 7 Ultimate and I am running out of disc space can I delete folders from my c disk to give me some space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-space/ac9a5223-6d81-4bef-88b1-c2cb485ecc50
  5. Disc Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc Space: I have a Desktop computer running windows 7 Ultimate and I am running out of disc space can I delete folders from my c disk to give me some space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-space/ac9a5223-6d81-4bef-88b1-c2cb485ecc50
  6. Something is using all my disc space and I don't know what.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Something is using all my disc space and I don't know what.: Hey, I have an SSD drive that apperently is almost full. A few days ago i checked it out, and i realised that a video gamed called Halo that i downloaded in the microsoft store with an xbox game pass took 150 gb of space on my disc. I clicked the uninstall button in the...
  7. Windows using more disc space then it shows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows using more disc space then it shows: So basically:Last time I used my PC I had around 30gb left of space, then rebooted my PC and only had 11gb left.When I go to my C drive and add all the file sizes up from all the files that are located in there I get roughly 197GB. But windows says its using 220GB.I already...
  8. Windows 10 update and disc space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update and disc space: Something as a month ago I started updating Windows 10 current ver. 1803. I`ve read all articles about mistakes I got, about problems etc like this: https://support.microsoft.com/uk-ua/help/10164. It was 6,8 Gb free on system disc. There is nothing to delete. I added 2 free...
  9. Low Disc Space You are running out of disc space on recovery image (D:).

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low Disc Space You are running out of disc space on recovery image (D:).: I have saved my data on a cloud and reset my computer. Nothing will reset the error. I have tried running troubleshooter app and going to the app store and running trouble shooter as well....
  10. disc space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disc space: hi compute s telling me I need more disk space to update my computer how can I do this please ,it wont let me uninstall anything thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-space/a4ff154b-be35-4cda-9436-b56748f77cb9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my asus laptop seems like its always doing something in the background