Windows 10: Something starts up and then closes immediately before I even see it

Discus and support Something starts up and then closes immediately before I even see it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, There is an app or something which pops up immediately and closes the instant before I can even check it. I tried running a full scan with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AceAguilar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Something starts up and then closes immediately before I even see it

Hello,

There is an app or something which pops up immediately and closes the instant before I can even check it. I tried running a full scan with malwarebytes but it hasn't seen any issues at all. It gets pretty annoying especially that it is random to w/c i cant tell when or what time will it show but one thing that is certain is that, whenever i start my laptop, it shows, and vanish in a blink.

i think this has been going for months and i just took a good notice of it when i was on idle.

Thank you.

Unit

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 R3TY

256gb SSD

1TB HDD

4/8 gb RAM

Windows 10 Home Basic

GPU: RX 560X

Integrated: AMD Radeon Vega Gfx Mobile

:)

AceAguilar, Sep 22, 2020
  2. SoCal Win User

Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the Start button also stopped opening, although by right-clicking I could get the basic function list so could still stumble along.
    The Start button problem was fixed by going back to my first Restore point (created by an automatic upgrade), but the Edge problem persists in spite of trying various fixes from posts dating back to the beta-test period. Obviously this is a problem that has existed from the early beta issues ... and it ain't fixed yet!! Any suggestions appreciated, because I note that Win-10 depends heavily on Web access via Edge.

SoCal, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately

WOW, such service.... such a quick reply. First, no need to apologize, it's not something you did. From searching at the community forum I notice what's happening with Calculator happens with other apps - they open then close immediately.

Yes, my inquiry was about the Calculator app, the one that's built into / comes with Windows 10. I updated to Windows 10 ver. 2004 the other day. Prior my updating, Calculator worked. Now it opens and all I get to see is a blue dialog and then it closes
    immediately.

so... your suggestion #1 "**Run the troubleshooter" .... did it, here's a screenshot of what came up

Something starts up and then closes immediately before I even see it 9d581f4c-ad3e-4cfc-9987-1387d977ec0a?upload=true.png

... your suggestion #2 "**Reset the Microsoft Store cache" did that and tried Calculator - blue dialog and then it closes immediately

... your suggestion #3 "Press Start then search Apps and Features ... Search Calculator app on the list .... Click then select Advanced options .... Click Terminate then Reset" did that and nothing - tried Calculator - blue dialog
    and then it closes immediately.

.... and here's a video of me trying to run Calculator after completing suggestions #1-3

I captured a video of trying to run Calculator. I can't attach it here but I'm uploading it to Firefox Send. Because I don't have an account there this link will only last one day or one download Internet for people, not profit

btw, I also downloaded another calculator app from the app store (see below).... Same thing, it opens and then closes immediately. I did the same with resetting it like in your suggestion #3.

Something starts up and then closes immediately before I even see it 3c4f42de-1163-482d-84b5-8c2e7ea1374c?upload=true.png

I'm going to read a book right now so no need to reply until you feel like doing so.

Thank you very much for the quick response and suggestions. I'm sure this will all be resolved eventually.

NestorR_WPG, Sep 22, 2020
  4. EddoX Win User

Something starts up and then closes immediately before I even see it

MSN News starts and then crashes immediately

I went back in your suggestions and tried this again. Still MSN News starts and fails immediately.

EddoX, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Something starts up and then closes immediately before I even see it

1. Something starts up and then closes immediately before I even see it - Similar Threads - Something starts closes

2. If I close my hotmail.com account will it be closed immediately?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I close my hotmail.com account will it be closed immediately?: Good morning,I noticed my Hotmail account is trying to be hacked into numerous times throughout the day. almost every other hour or so. I know this because my Authenticator app tells me who is trying to access my account. A few questions, if I close my account will someone be...
  3. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu closes immediately when open: When I click or press the shortcut key the start menu closes immediately. It only flashes for second and does nothing. I tried restarting the PC but still wont make it. This issue only occurs after I perform system restore on the device for different concern....
  4. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu closes immediately when open: When I click or press the shortcut key the start menu closes immediately. It only flashes for second and does nothing. I tried restarting the PC but still wont make it. This issue only occurs after I perform system restore on the device for different concern....
  5. Start menu closes immediately when open

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 installer starts and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installer starts and closes immediately: Hi,I am a user of Windows 7 Professional.I wanted to dual boot my PC with Windows 10 Home.I was searching for how to dual boot without USB Drive and also I found a video which was saying that I would find a file named setup.exe from the ISO after extracting...The path is...
  7. Windows 10 installer starts and closes immediately

Windows 10 installer starts and closes immediately: Hi,I am a user of Windows 7 Professional.I wanted to dual boot my PC with Windows 10 Home.I was searching for how to dual boot without USB Drive and also I found a video which was saying that I would find a file named setup.exe from the ISO after extracting...The path is...
  8. Keyboard not recognized at start up before it even get to windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard not recognized at start up before it even get to windows: I've logged in on my work laptop to type this. My machine has the OEM USB keyboard. It recognizes the mouse and when it booted in the safe mode and asks which country I'm in, I click USA and it does not find it via the troubleshooting option. However, in the safe mode system...
  9. Mail app starts and then closes immediately

Mail app starts and then closes immediately: In windows 10 I click on the mail app icon and it starts right up then immediately closes. Microsoft store indicates that it was last updated on 11/25/2019. It worked yesterday but today it doesn't. Any answers? Thank....
  10. Command prompt opens then closes before I can even see the text displayed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt opens then closes before I can even see the text displayed: For some reason when I tried opening a terminal through Visual Code it caused an issue where command prompt wont stay open. It opens for at least a second but then closes before you can do anything, I've tried running as administrator and no luck. Any help will be much...