Windows 10: Something strange behind email address

Discus and support Something strange behind email address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, When I send out a email this is attached to my address : <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> I have looked online and can't find my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TaraBX, Dec 28, 2020.

1. TaraBX Win User

Something strange behind email address

Hi,

When I send out a email this is attached to my address : <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

I have looked online and can't find my answer is this a spam? And how do I get rid of it.

Thank you,

:)

TaraBX, Dec 28, 2020

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Default Email is set to Chrome - How do I specify the Email address?

You are correct that the first step is to choose the Default Email Program. The next step is to set the specific email address. Say you have Gmail with 2 different emails. You can specify which email is used to send the emails. As I mentioned, it's strange to me that the Scan App and the Scan and Fax App themselves don't set the email that is used. Once you choose Email, it jumps to the Default Email App and uses those settings.

CritterlLes, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Thema:

1. Something strange behind email address - Similar Threads - Something strange behind

2. Strange foreign address.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange foreign address.: While running the 'netstat' command I noticed a foreign address labelled '103-10-125-148:27020', am I being spied on? If so; what do I do to remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-foreign-address/54fb2695-ef53-4262-9418-3f2ac3529f88
  3. Strange foreign address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange foreign address.: While running the 'netstat' command I noticed a foreign address labelled '103-10-125-148:27020', am I being spied on? If so; what do I do to remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-foreign-address/54fb2695-ef53-4262-9418-3f2ac3529f88
  4. Strange foreign address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Something strange behind email address

Something strange behind email address: Hi, When I send out a email this is attached to my address : <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> I have looked online and can't find my answer is this a spam? And how do I get rid of it. Thank you,...
  6. Sent Mail has strange From address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent Mail has strange From address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hi. Using Windows 10 Mail but has recently started to send emails with strange From addess. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I managed amazingly! to track this address down under the Sync email settings under outlook.live.com I have made sure it is NOT the...
  7. Gettting email with strange characters in senders address

in Browsers and Email
    Gettting email with strange characters in senders address: Recently I have been getting many ads in my junk folder from senders with strange characters in their address: Example : The sender's address would be something like ÿÞ* < anyname @anydomain.com> where * could be any letter like V, S or T . The body of the email looks like...
  8. Strange spam email address

Strange spam email address: I keep getting emails on my business computer from a strange address (like it is a merge of two separate ones). How it is even possible? Jim Scott <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@wentai-cn.com> I keep spamming all of us almost every day with email that...
  9. Email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email address: How do you eliminate unwanted names that appear when you begin entering an email addressee name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/f00d841f-acd3-4d7d-a208-aea9873673b6
  10. why do strange email addresses appear as network locations?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do strange email addresses appear as network locations?: HI, I opened my "This PC" folder on my desktop and noticed that under Network Locations, there are two items that are named after email addresses. when I check properties I get an error say that they cant display properties. when I open them, they say that the folders are...