Windows 10: Something strange happened to my PC today. The taskbar and the top left desktop had a...

Discus and support Something strange happened to my PC today. The taskbar and the top left desktop had a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Avengersman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f91d9d/something_strange_happened_to_my_pc_today_the/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Avengersman, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Something strange happened to my PC today. The taskbar and the top left desktop had a...

/u/Avengersman, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Wynona Win User

Icon at top left of desktop

Something strange happened to my PC today. The taskbar and the top left desktop had a... [​IMG]

This icon used to be in the form of a folder, but I deleted it and it's come back as a piece of paper. I haven't a clue as to what it's for, because when I click on it, nothing happens.

Anyone else getting this?

Wynona, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Icon at top left of desktop

Can you Restore it from the Recycle Bin?

Edwin, Feb 24, 2020
  4. scopio Win User

Something strange happened to my PC today. The taskbar and the top left desktop had a...

Strange happening today with Malware

I powered on my desktop and my Hitman Pro Scheduled Quick Scan when I first power on it flagged up a suspicious file which I deleted and the restarted the pc. When I signed in (with a local account) the screen displayed a message that the pc could not sign in, I suspect my Microsoft account which I do not use to sign in to my pc anyway. The screen loaded to my desk top with a completely different configuration. I powered off the pc and powered it on again after 20 seconds and the pc started as usual with no problems.
    I would like to make other posters aware that I received an email which I have added a screenshot below which I suspect is malware. I did not click on any of its links before the above issue occurred.
    I am still to determine in the next 24 hours if in fact my Microsoft email accounts will be terminated as the email suggests!

Something strange happened to my PC today. The taskbar and the top left desktop had a... [​IMG]

scopio, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Something strange happened to my PC today. The taskbar and the top left desktop had a...

1. Something strange happened to my PC today. The taskbar and the top left desktop had a... - Similar Threads - Something strange happened

2. Strange things happening on my PC.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange things happening on my PC.: how can I see who is logged in with my account on my company PC or another PC using my account? We are on a network, so I guess anybody could login with other accounts.Today, all of a sudden Photoshop was deleted from my computer. I literally used it 1 hour before. Strange...
  3. There's a button on the top left corner of my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's a button on the top left corner of my desktop: When it shows up, it removes all the desktop icons, and you can drag it to make a single temporary clone. If you click it after that, it makes an error sound and does nothing. If you click away, the clone disappears, and you can make another clone. But if you click the button...
  4. There's a button on the top left corner of my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    There's a button on the top left corner of my desktop: When it shows up, it removes all the desktop icons, and you can drag it to make a single temporary clone. If you click it after that, it makes an error sound and does nothing. If you click away, the clone disappears, and you can make another clone. But if you click the button...
  5. Strange happenings in my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange happenings in my PC: Hello,There have been some strange happenings in my PC like:Asking for password twice.The screen goes black and I feel it will load soon as my desktop wallpaper is black. But instead it loads into lock screen and I end up entering the password twice. 2. Office apps open on...
  6. White box in the top left of my desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White box in the top left of my desktop.: [ATTACH] There is this little white box that keeps popping up whenever I start my computer and I don't know how to get rid of it. When I click it nothing happens. w submitted by /u/simon1189 [link] [comments]...
  7. Something strange happens with wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something strange happens with wallpaper: Sometimes the desktop icons starting to leave black squares or smth behind them and after refreshing background turns black... screenshots https://imgur.com/a/i11wODk submitted by /u/alangetar [link] [comments]...
  8. Something strange happened with Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Something strange happened with Google Chrome: I was doing several searches on Chrome which I open from a pinned shortcut on my taskbar and opens with my homepage "Google". Not sure what I did but all of a sudden the taskbar shortcut opened to this, [img] I created a shortcut to my desktop and when I click on it it...
  9. Strange happening today with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange happening today with Malware: I powered on my desktop and my Hitman Pro Scheduled Quick Scan when I first power on it flagged up a suspicious file which I deleted and the restarted the pc. When I signed in (with a local account) the screen displayed a message that the pc could not sign in, I suspect my...
  10. Icon at top left of desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon at top left of desktop: [img] This icon used to be in the form of a folder, but I deleted it and it's come back as a piece of paper. I haven't a clue as to what it's for, because when I click on it, nothing happens. Anyone else getting this? 4048