Windows 10: Something strange happened with Google Chrome

Discus and support Something strange happened with Google Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was doing several searches on Chrome which I open from a pinned shortcut on my taskbar and opens with my homepage "Google". Not sure what I did but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Something strange happened with Google Chrome

I was doing several searches on Chrome which I open from a pinned shortcut on my taskbar and opens with my homepage "Google". Not sure what I did but all of a sudden the taskbar shortcut opened to this,

Something strange happened with Google Chrome [​IMG]

I created a shortcut to my desktop and when I click on it it opens to my homepage like this,

Something strange happened with Google Chrome [​IMG]

I have no idea why the taskbar shortcut opens blank??? if anyone has had this happen I would appreciate the help if they figured it out.

Thanks in advance

:)

Eaglepi, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Something strange happened with Google Chrome

Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Something strange happened with Google Chrome

1. Something strange happened with Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Something strange happened

2. Google Chrome search error or something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome search error or something: This is the error code I get simply trying to access Excel free online through my Microsoftaccount. Why am I getting this for Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I don't get the errors for the apps like OneNote, Forms, Lists, Outlook, Sway and OneDrive and are able to accessthose...
  3. Google Chrome search error or something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome search error or something: This is the error code I get simply trying to access Excel free online through my Microsoftaccount. Why am I getting this for Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I don't get the errors for the apps like OneNote, Forms, Lists, Outlook, Sway and OneDrive and are able to accessthose...
  4. Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior: Hello,My default browser is google chrome. (Updated)Recently happens when I enter something in the search line, I get the answers but the page is not normal Left to Right, but as a mirror Right to Left. Its still in English and readable. (And some extra small window to the...
  5. Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior: Hello,My default browser is google chrome. (Updated)Recently happens when I enter something in the search line, I get the answers but the page is not normal Left to Right, but as a mirror Right to Left. Its still in English and readable. (And some extra small window to the...
  6. Something strange happens with wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something strange happens with wallpaper: Sometimes the desktop icons starting to leave black squares or smth behind them and after refreshing background turns black... screenshots https://imgur.com/a/i11wODk submitted by /u/alangetar [link] [comments]...
  7. Something is blocking my Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something is blocking my Google Chrome: Last week I bought a new Surface GO. When I attempted to install Google Chrome it blocked the install. Previously I had one of the Early Surfaces. With this old Surface, I had no trouble with installing and using Google Chrome. Why am I having trouble installing Google Chrome...
  8. what happened to the distill google chrome option

in Browsers and Email
    what happened to the distill google chrome option: Anyone have the 411 on why this is no longer an option. I used it extensively. Google Chrome is up to date Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit). It would appear that I am not the only one who discovered it's absence: Reader Mode Not Availabe - Google Chrome Help...
  9. Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome: Almost every app or program that requires an internet connection will hang connecting until I open Google Chrome. I completely reinstalled Windows 10 after everything I attempted failed to solve this. Google search turns up a blank because it only points to Google Chrome not...
  10. strange Google Chrome search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange Google Chrome search results: Hello folks, I recently upgraded my desktop from Win 7 to Win 10 (clean install) but I think that's irrelevant to the issue I'm having. My search results in Google Chrome using Google search look strange (see attachment). When I perform the search on the same machine in...