Windows 10: Something strange happens with wallpaper

Discus and support Something strange happens with wallpaper in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes the desktop icons starting to leave black squares or smth behind them and after refreshing background turns black... screenshots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alangetar, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Something strange happens with wallpaper

/u/alangetar, Mar 29, 2020

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 29, 2020
  3. 5530 Wallpaper Issue

While using phones theme and trying to set a new wallpaper from memory card I get this strange problem. The wallpaper gets set but at the top, above the contacts bar, there's a transparent thick line showing the previous wallpaper. Tried everything, can't
    get it to work... Any suggestions?

NoelSoulseeker, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Atnevon Win User

Something strange happens with wallpaper

Strange Firefox glitch (in XP only?) with wallpaper

Hey All,

So i was using a compy in the lab today, and of course since the school is cheap they are still running XP and the ugly fisher price UI.

Anyway, if you notice in this screenshot, there seems to be a tearing of the window, in this case, firefox, where the wallpaper seeps through.

Something strange happens with wallpaper [​IMG]

I want to think this is just a bad buildup of resource management, but, I'm curious if anyone else has seen this.

Not a major issue, just humorous. *Nutkick :nutkick:

Thanks for any strange suggestions, or oddly, a solution??? Eh, its silly whichever.

-At

Atnevon, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Something strange happens with wallpaper

1. Something strange happens with wallpaper - Similar Threads - Something strange happens

2. Something unexpected happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something unexpected happened: I dont know what is the unexpected happened in your end but I want you to fix it immediately together with this error code in my store 0x80240013. Microsoft always have issue in their app and I dont know why. Even updating Windows is not worth to try because it does not help....
  3. Something unexpected happened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something unexpected happened: I dont know what is the unexpected happened in your end but I want you to fix it immediately together with this error code in my store 0x80240013. Microsoft always have issue in their app and I dont know why. Even updating Windows is not worth to try because it does not help....
  4. Something unexpected happened

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. something happened 0x8024001E

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    something happened 0x8024001E: Please help me I cant figure out what is happening on your end error message. I tried to run windows store troubleshooter and even reset the store with nothing. I tried to restart multiple times and still got the error....
  6. Something strange happened with Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Something strange happened with Google Chrome: I was doing several searches on Chrome which I open from a pinned shortcut on my taskbar and opens with my homepage "Google". Not sure what I did but all of a sudden the taskbar shortcut opened to this, [img] I created a shortcut to my desktop and when I click on it it...
  7. Something Happened to me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Something Happened to me: Hello, With the help of members of this forum I have gotten to the MediaCreation Tool 64 bit and a Windows 10 Pro without the N. I intend to download an ISO to burn to a DVD for later installation. Unfortunately when it is run it goes to a "Something Happened" message and...
  8. Something strange happened when installing Build 10240

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something strange happened when installing Build 10240: Hey all, Newbie here. I'm a long time Windows users and have used all incarnations since 95, so I know my way around the system - but something just happened and it has me stumped! The other day, I downloaded an ISO of Build 10240 via kat.cr. I had Windows 7...
  9. Something Happened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something Happened: I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but I keep getting the Message "Something Happened" Windows is trying to determine if your PC can run Windows 10. I have removed my Virus program (MBAM) and cleaned out my Windows.old directories and made sure that Win 7 was...
  10. Something's Odd Is Happening

in Windows 10 Support
    Something's Odd Is Happening: I have Windows 10 Home 64bit operating system installed on my desktop computer. Recently, I downloaded Mozilla Firefox version 52.0.2 (64bit) on my computer and was successful because I have tried many times before without success. However, my elation was short-lived as the...