Windows 10: Something strange, suddenly a program and menu will open multiple time

Discus and support Something strange, suddenly a program and menu will open multiple time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my upgrade win 10, sometimes a program will open multiple times. The program will open many times, and the menu\option window will open. a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cixoos, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Cixoos Win User

Something strange, suddenly a program and menu will open multiple time

On my upgrade win 10, sometimes a program will open multiple times. The program will open many times, and the menu\option window will open.

a restart or log of seems to fix it. Any ideas or examples of what this is? This happens so rarely that a troubleshoot seems impossible.

:)

Cixoos, Aug 13, 2015

2. Multiple softwares crashing when opening and saving files

I am having issues with multiple programs crashing when I try to open files. The programs open OK when I open them by clicking on a native file. However when I go to open files from the menu once the software is open the programs are crashing.

Certain software's are crashing every time, other are only crashing periodically and some crash when saving.

Tried multiple methods of resolving the problem with no luck would appreciate if anyone could help out.

Cheers

Ollie

ollieyates, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Danae72 Win User
    Why can't I click inside Start Menu?

Okay, this morning was the first time the start menu contents weren't 'clickable' but something else strange happened seemingly related to it. When I tried to open Links, the menu would only open in miniature at the top left corner of the screen. Also, right-clicking
    on icons in the system tray was more hit and miss (usually miss) on if it would open the context menu. Then when I wanted to restart my computer is when I found I couldn't click inside the start menu.

Before I try the last suggestion, I want to make sure this will not alter my computer/files in any way. Reinstalling the apps caused a massive headache, what with program defaults being changed and errors along with it.

Danae72, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Something strange, suddenly a program and menu will open multiple time

1. Something strange, suddenly a program and menu will open multiple time - Similar Threads - Something strange suddenly

2. "Open with" Menu Confuses Multiple instances of the same program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open with" Menu Confuses Multiple instances of the same program: I have a portable and an installed instance of the same internet browser, Firefox. I am trying to make Windows register both Firefox instances to the Open With program list in the context menu of the file. The file I'm trying to open is a pdf. When I try to choose the program...
  3. "Open with" Menu Confuses Multiple instances of the same program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open with" Menu Confuses Multiple instances of the same program: I have a portable and an installed instance of the same internet browser, Firefox. I am trying to make Windows register both Firefox instances to the Open With program list in the context menu of the file. The file I'm trying to open is a pdf. When I try to choose the program...
  4. "Open with" Menu Confuses Multiple instances of the same program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. programs and features has something strange?

programs and features has something strange?: I have something that says MaskVPN Global Media (Thailand ) Co, Ltd should I uninstall that? 170069
  6. programs and features has something strange?

in Windows 10 Support
    programs and features has something strange?: I have something that says MaskVPN Global Media (Thailand ) Co, Ltd should I uninstall that? 170069
  7. Multiple Monitors in 2020 Open Program from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Monitors in 2020 Open Program from Start Menu: Its 2020 and most users use 2 or more monitors at home or work, however, it becomes frustrating when users cannot do the following 3 actions described below. I've read thru the different questions/answers and most moderators do not understand what the OP is asking or trying...
  8. Suddenly Windows time changes to an strange value.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly Windows time changes to an strange value.: Hello, This is very strange. I have a miniPC with windows 10 Home loaded with an application that is intended to be used unattended. After an electricity cut off, time changes suddenly. For example, today morning I synchronized time with a server, having the exact time,...
  9. Some programs reacting strangely all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some programs reacting strangely all of a sudden.: I made a Microsoft account just for this, because this is really bugging me. =P Just starting today, my programs have been reacting weirdly. Google Chrome takes forever to bring up pages, Steam takes forever to log in, and Overwatch is taking a long time to bring up updates....
  10. Open program multiple times - advenced

Open program multiple times - advenced: Hello, I would like to scan in the same time from two Epson scanners (V800 and V600) from one PC (Windows10). But when you turn on Epson scaner you can connect only with one scaner in the same time (connection only USB) How to open multiply Epson Scaner (dedicated...