Windows 10: Something switching my keyboard layout to one I haven't installed

Discus and support Something switching my keyboard layout to one I haven't installed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Some unknown malevolent entity keeps switching my keyboard layout to "ENG INTL": [ATTACH] However, if I check the Language preferences, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paolo Tedesco, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Something switching my keyboard layout to one I haven't installed

Hi,

Some unknown malevolent entity keeps switching my keyboard layout to "ENG INTL":

Something switching my keyboard layout to one I haven't installed 2dad70fa-e0cf-4b94-b553-d80b78d1a311?upload=true.png

However, if I check the Language preferences, the only keyboard layout installed on my machine is "ENG US", which is the one I actually want:

Something switching my keyboard layout to one I haven't installed 55fa8ec7-cab6-4d74-8e14-15d3503c559e?upload=true.png Something switching my keyboard layout to one I haven't installed 788b48e8-c264-41c0-ad7b-5d0a33d74d04?upload=true.png

Is there a way to remove the other keyboard layouts from my system?

If not, can I at least find out why they are there, e.g if this is set through a domain policy or something?

Thanks,

Paolo

:)

Paolo Tedesco, Oct 15, 2019

2. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Oct 15, 2019
  3. [EXIT] Win User
    switching keyboard layouts between devices

I recently bought a surface book on a holiday to USA and it has a US keyboard layout. When I set this device to use the US keyboard layout it switched all of the other devices on my account to suit. How can I set the surface book to a US keyboard Layout
    but keep my desktop, laptop and tablet on the UK keyboard layout (which is the keyboard layout they all use) but still all attached to the my Microsoft account?

Step by step instructions would be appreciated for an idiot.

Thanks

[EXIT], Oct 15, 2019
  4. [EXIT] Win User

Something switching my keyboard layout to one I haven't installed

switching keyboard layouts between devices

Hello,

I am still having the same problem with the keyboards. When I switch my desktop to UK English layout t applies it to all devices on my account and likewise when I change the surface book to US keyboard layout it changes all my othe devices on the account.
    I tried to use the windows Key + spacebar as suggested, but nothing happens at all. Does anyone know how I can set my individual devices to have their own keyboard layouts without affecting the other devices on my Microsoft account?

Thanks

[EXIT], Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Something switching my keyboard layout to one I haven't installed

1. Something switching my keyboard layout to one I haven't installed - Similar Threads - Something switching keyboard

2. Switching to previous keyboard layout when I have 3 layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching to previous keyboard layout when I have 3 layouts: Hi, I'm Windows and Linux user. Also I have 3 keyboard layouts. I use two of them often, and the third less often. In my Ubuntu when I press Alt+Shift Win+Space my keyboard switches to PREVIOUS layout and if I want to switch to third one I press it two times. In my Windows...
  3. Language keyboard layout switching issue

Language keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, Since a few weeks, I have some troubles with the language preferences : I'm a french user of a qwerty keyboard because qwerty is the best<3 but obviously, I need to switch to the french layout when I want to type the accented letters. For more than a year I had no...
  4. Switching keyboard layouts: I cannot set a keyboard layout for use across the entire OS. It...

Switching keyboard layouts: I cannot set a keyboard layout for use across the entire OS. It...: I have to switch frequently between apps and keyboard layouts. Under 'Advanced keyboard settings,' I have switched off the setting 'Let me use a different input method for each app window.' I have restarted the computer many times since making this change. Unfortunately...
  5. Keyboard layout switching issue

Keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout: - English/United States-International QWERTY - English/US QWERTY - Russian/Russian - French/United States-International QWERTY - French/French AZERTY I try to configure...
  6. Auto-switch keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-switch keyboard layout?: I have 2 keyboards with different layouts (US-International and PT-ABNT2) I switch back and forth between. I currently have a shortcut set to change layouts. Is there any way to configure Windows 10 so it automatically switches to the correct layout based on the keyboard I'm...
  7. Problems switching between keyboard layouts

Problems switching between keyboard layouts: I am having trouble switching between keyboard layouts for different languages. English is my default setting and I have the language packs for 4 other languages installed. However, the language selection icon the one that normally appears in the lower righthand corner...
  8. Use ONE keyboard layout

Use ONE keyboard layout: I live in Hungary, so my physical keyboard has Hungarian layout (QWERTZ), but windows sometimes adds other EN/US or EN/UK layouts which are very confusing and frustrating for me. I always have to switch it back by adding then deleting the other layouts. Also I use US English...
  9. Unable to Switch Keyboard Layouts with Shortcuts

Unable to Switch Keyboard Layouts with Shortcuts: So I saw one other person had a similar problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-layout-hotkey-shortcut-does-not-work/4399b607-d6a1-4388-86b7-0dda8b69c19b I'm posting this both because while I had the problem with Windows 7, it wasn't as...
  10. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout: When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it). Now when I switch...