Windows 10: Something taking over internet connection

Discus and support Something taking over internet connection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 pro ver 21H1 (build 19043.1165) on a ThinkPad Edge laptop. For at least a year something on the computer has interrupted my online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dabineri, Aug 18, 2021.

1. dabineri Win User

Something taking over internet connection

I am running Win 10 pro ver 21H1 (build 19043.1165) on a ThinkPad Edge laptop. For at least a year something on the computer has interrupted my online classes and my Zoom connections about every 5 or 6 minutes. When this happens it causes my class connection to stop for about a minute or so and then it returns. It seems as if some app on the computer may be responsible for this but I don't know how to find out the cause. I have shut down all the programs I have installed but don't know if I can shut down any windows components or which to even try shutting down. I know it is the computer because when I replace it with another computer (Asus) I NEVER get such an interruption. I am using an ethernet connection as I thought it might have been the wireless connection or router (which I replaced). I have also replaced my modem and that also had no effect on the problem. I am on a coax line from Xfinity and they have no record of any service interruptions. What could it be? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

dabineri, Aug 18, 2021
  2. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Something taking over internet connection

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

Something taking over internet connection

1. Something taking over internet connection - Similar Threads - Something taking internet

2. Unable to connect to internet over VPN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to internet over VPN.: So, my issue is a bit tricky. I have my work VPN which is required for working on any company project. I was able to connect via it just before the weekend but now it has stopped working. When connected via the said VPN, I am unable to browse through any web browser or open...
  3. Unable to connect to internet over VPN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to internet over VPN.: So, my issue is a bit tricky. I have my work VPN which is required for working on any company project. I was able to connect via it just before the weekend but now it has stopped working. When connected via the said VPN, I am unable to browse through any web browser or open...
  4. Internet Connection degrades over time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection degrades over time: Hello,For the past few months, I've been experiencing a frustrating issue. When my PC has been on for an extended period of time 1-3 hours, I start to experience horrible ping/internet connection as if I'm experiencing packet-loss. Strangely enough, packet-loss testing...
  5. Internet Connection degrades over time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection degrades over time: Hello,For the past few months, I've been experiencing a frustrating issue. When my PC has been on for an extended period of time 1-3 hours, I start to experience horrible ping/internet connection as if I'm experiencing packet-loss. Strangely enough, packet-loss testing...
  6. Something taking over internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something taking over internet connection: I am running Win 10 pro ver 21H1 (build 19043.1165) on a ThinkPad Edge laptop. For at least a year something on the computer has interrupted my online classes and my Zoom connections about every 5 or 6 minutes. When this happens it causes my class connection to stop for about...
  7. Connecting to local printer over internet

Connecting to local printer over internet: Apologies if this is the wrong board to post this. I have been asked to set up a remote connection from a laptop directly to a local printer connected to the router, without remote connection to the office pc, so that the person using the laptop at home can print to the local...
  8. Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively

Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively: Hello. First, sorry for my terrible English. I have problem with my connection. I got higher ping than usual, more than 240 (i checked with CMD), but when i check Task Manager there are no apps that consume my bandwith excessively. I try to check the connection with my...
  9. No internet connectivity, but accessable over team viewer

No internet connectivity, but accessable over team viewer: Hey im trying to fix my house computer, windows 10 home 64 I can access it via team viewer so i know it has network connectivity, but when trying to run virus scans or download google chrome it errors saying "unable to connect to network" i have checked network...
  10. something is blocking my internet connection at startup

something is blocking my internet connection at startup: Windows 10 (upgraded from windows 8.1) running on Lenovo Z50. Several times a week, something blocks my mobile internet connection at start up. This usually lasts 5 or 6 minutes. The internet icon on the task bar has a yellow triangle with exclamation mark; and when I...