Windows 10: Something Transferred My Muisic Files to OneDrive folder on my PC

Discus and support Something Transferred My Muisic Files to OneDrive folder on my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why in the last week something transferred all my 48000 music files from my own PC folder to a OneDrive folder on my PC. Now my music management... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveMcCrohon, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Something Transferred My Muisic Files to OneDrive folder on my PC

Why in the last week something transferred all my 48000 music files from my own PC folder to a OneDrive folder on my PC. Now my music management software on my PC does not work right. Has Microsoft changed my file locations on my PC without my permission? Is Microsoft intending to copy my music files which I have legally purchased and spent years ripping from Vinyl LPs, copying from CDs, downloading legally purchased software and spent more years in cataloging and organising the data of over 8000 albums?

:)

SteveMcCrohon, Mar 10, 2019

2. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

The folders the you see on This PC are linked to your
    OneDrive
    account, therefore when you open the folder or file, the path automatically routes to OneDrive. To prevent this from happening, we suggest that you unlink your
    OneDrive account by following the steps provided in the previous post. Once you're done, you can then sign back in and change the path of your
    OneDrive folder.

NOTE: OneDrive can sync only with folders on a drive formatted with the NTFS file system, which is most commonly a hard disk drive on your computer, or an external hard disk drive. Portable storage, such as USB flash drives
    or solid state memory drives, use a different file system and won't sync with OneDrive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Mar 10, 2019
  3. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

Something Transferred My Muisic Files to OneDrive folder on my PC 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 10, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

Something Transferred My Muisic Files to OneDrive folder on my PC

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Something Transferred My Muisic Files to OneDrive folder on my PC

1. Something Transferred My Muisic Files to OneDrive folder on my PC - Similar Threads - Something Transferred Muisic

2. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  3. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  4. I was on OneDrive to post something to my friend and something happened in OneDrive

I was on OneDrive to post something to my friend and something happened in OneDrive: I do not know how to explain this, so here's a video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-on-onedrive-to-post-something-to-my-friend/6dba3c12-e42d-41c7-a6fb-f35acea78555
  5. My current files in PC is not update in to OneDrive folder in the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My current files in PC is not update in to OneDrive folder in the PC: I have Windows 11. OneDrive is not syncing the files latest updates to the Cloud My working folder path on C Drive is, This PC>WindowsC:>Users>User. Files are under Desktop, Documents and Pictures along with others including OneDrive folder. Inside OneDrive folder also have...
  6. My current files in PC is not update in to OneDrive folder in the PC

My current files in PC is not update in to OneDrive folder in the PC: I have Windows 11. OneDrive is not syncing the files latest updates to the Cloud My working folder path on C Drive is, This PC>WindowsC:>Users>User. Files are under Desktop, Documents and Pictures along with others including OneDrive folder. Inside OneDrive folder also have...
  7. Move files from an old OneDrive folder on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move files from an old OneDrive folder on my PC: Dear community!I have a problem as follows:On my own personal computer, I have a user also my own which I don't use anymore, and I forgot the login information to it. But there are some data I found out I don't want to lose. If I try to copy them, windows say I can't...
  8. Move files from an old OneDrive folder on my PC

Move files from an old OneDrive folder on my PC: Dear community!I have a problem as follows:On my own personal computer, I have a user also my own which I don't use anymore, and I forgot the login information to it. But there are some data I found out I don't want to lose. If I try to copy them, windows say I can't...
  9. Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC: I'm suddenly finding I can no longer delete any files in the OneDrive folders on my PC, even if OneDrive is no longer running. I've also tried deleting the files with the PC running in safe mode, but they still won't delete. Nothing whatsoever happens when I click on...
  10. Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint!: A problem I hope someone can help me with. On my laptop I had a problem in that my icons on the taskbar had become invisible and despite all the help in the forum, nothing worked. I then called on the MS chat help who were extremely helpful. They tried everything, which...