Windows 10: Something unexpected went wrong with this URL

Discus and support Something unexpected went wrong with this URL in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hyperlinks i try to open from within Outlook 2013 give this message: "Something unexpected went wrong with this URL" Even Bing desktop search fails... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by danielson, Oct 21, 2017.

1. danielson Win User

Something unexpected went wrong with this URL

Hyperlinks i try to open from within Outlook 2013 give this message:
    "Something unexpected went wrong with this URL"
    Even Bing desktop search fails to open results to default browser.

Windows 10 64bit with latest Fall update.

:)

danielson, Oct 21, 2017

2. "something unexpected went wrong with the URL - invalid value for registry".

Hi

On a previous reply MS asked these questions: my answers in red:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you in a better way please answer the below questions.

- Are you using Facebook app or trying to access through browser?
    I normally receive facebook notifications in my OUTLOOK – and just used to open the email/notification and then open and brows the post -
    I am unable to do that since I upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10!

- If you are trying to access through browser, which browser are you using?
    I am however ABLE to access facebook through Google search engine

- Do you receive any error message? N/A

- Did you check with different browser? N/A

This is the message that now appears when trying to open facebook when I receive an email/notification in my OUTLOOK

"something unexpected went wrong with the URL - invalid value of registry"

This is the same message when I try activated an add placed on Gumtree which I need to do in OUTLOOK:

Whys is this happening???????

Andrew

AndrewCusens, Oct 21, 2017
  3. "something unexpected went wrong with the URL - invalid value for registry".

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am happy to assist you. We required some more information to assist you in a better way.

- When you say Outlook, are you referring to Office Outlook or Outlook.com?

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Something unexpected went wrong with this URL

Hi danielson

Start => Settings => Apps => Default Apps => scroll to bottom "Set defaults by app" Click on your browser, click on Manage.

Is your default browser set as the default for the file types?

For links in Outlook any chance they are considered junk by Outlook?

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...6-1F0385CF20F8

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 21, 2017
  5. danielson Win User
    Got it Ken!
    They've changed things around in the Fall update.

Thank you!

danielson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Something unexpected went wrong with this URL

1. Something unexpected went wrong with this URL - Similar Threads - Something unexpected went

2. Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Something went wrong: Something went wrong error 0x800706D9 in my Store. Please someone check it. I have Windows 10 21h1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/ad459315-11e0-47e1-9a99-10d6800a11cf
  3. something went wrong

something went wrong: How to fix this error message in MS Store. Im trying to update apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/62c07fc2-0bc1-4496-b5cd-0738e48eabe1
  4. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  5. something went wrong

something went wrong: Trying to update all apps in MS Store, however, I keep getting error something went wrong. I check for Windows update to see if it will fix the issue but my Windows says up to date....
  6. Something went wrong.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  7. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  8. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  9. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  10. something went wrong

something went wrong: I have tried to use the store and send feedback but each time I do I get the something went wrong please try again later 0x8007139f. there is no way to log in, no way to send feedback because this is the only thing that keeps coming back. any help would be great...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something unexpected went wrong with this URL

2. something unexpected went wrong with this url invalid value for registry

3. something unexpectedly went wrong with this url?

4. Something unexpected went wrong with this url: ,
  5. something unexpected went wrong with this url sharepoint,
  6. Something unexpected went wrong with this URL and directory name is invalid,
  7. somethinoutlookg went wrong with url,
  8. something unexpected went thorugh this url,
  9. unable to access url within outlook receiving something unexpected went wrong with this url