Windows 10: Something unknow is taking disk space in computer

Discus and support Something unknow is taking disk space in computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had 8 GB free few days before, but now, there is only 4GB free disk space. I have tried almost eveything, deleting apps, disk cleanup, etc, to free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anonymous user, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Something unknow is taking disk space in computer

I had 8 GB free few days before, but now, there is only 4GB free disk space. I have tried almost eveything, deleting apps, disk cleanup, etc, to free up space. It freed up some space, but again that space got occupied. How to fix this, and get back my disk space?

:)

Anonymous user, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Feb 20, 2021
  3. hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Alex#85 Win User

Something unknow is taking disk space in computer

How to delete error reports taking up disk space?

How to delete error reports taking up disk space? Step by step and how to access the directory(ies) needed. Thank you

Alex#85, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Something unknow is taking disk space in computer

1. Something unknow is taking disk space in computer - Similar Threads - Something unknow taking

2. Updates taking Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking Disk Space: I got a new Dell Inspirion 3020 a few months ago. Every Windows Update consumes more and more disk space on the C drive. The properties box for the C drive does not have the usual DISK CLEANUP button. It has DETAILS instead. I can find DISK CLEANUP. CLEANUP SYSTEM FILES never...
  3. Updates taking Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking Disk Space: I got a new Dell Inspirion 3020 a few months ago. Every Windows Update consumes more and more disk space on the C drive. The properties box for the C drive does not have the usual DISK CLEANUP button. It has DETAILS instead. I can find DISK CLEANUP. CLEANUP SYSTEM FILES never...
  4. Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space: Few days back some of my games got deleted from the Xbox app and I did not deleted those games but the problem is that all the games that were deleted are taking huge space in my pc more than 700 gbs and I saw that using tree size . Please help me so that I can delete these...
  5. Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space: Few days back some of my games got deleted from the Xbox app and I did not deleted those games but the problem is that all the games that were deleted are taking huge space in my pc more than 700 gbs and I saw that using tree size . Please help me so that I can delete these...
  6. Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Something in my computer keeps taking up more and more space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something in my computer keeps taking up more and more space: Ever since seven days ago, I had 67.3GB free in my SSD drive out of 117GB.Now in the past week something has been drastically using up space, and now I'm only left with 50.8GB.The biggest thing I have downloaded was a film, which I sent to Recycle Bin and permanently deleted...
  8. Somethings taking up a bunch of space on my computer but idk what it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somethings taking up a bunch of space on my computer but idk what it is: I tried downloading Forza 4 but after a while it just stopped downloading, now I have 40+ gigs of space taken up and idk what is taking up all the space....
  9. Unknow Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unknow Disk Usage: Hi, I have a 128GB (120GB?) SSD as my C: drive and a 3TB HDD as my D: drive. I put virtually all my programs and data on the D: drive and have the SSD as a fast boot up with the essentials. Just lately, though, the SSD has been showing as nearly full: 106GB out of the max...
  10. Something unknow is taking disk space in Python.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something unknow is taking disk space in Python.: I had 8 GB free few days before, but now, there is only 4GB free disk space. I have tried almost eveything, deleting apps, disk cleanup, etc, to free up space. It freed up some space, but again that space got occupied. How to fix this, and get back my disk space?...