Windows 10: Something weird going on with Wifi settings

Discus and support Something weird going on with Wifi settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of my Windows 10 laptops has suddenly decided it won't connect to Wifi, but it's not quite as simple as that. I have two networks at home. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnweet, Jun 22, 2021.

1. johnweet Win User

Something weird going on with Wifi settings

One of my Windows 10 laptops has suddenly decided it won't connect to Wifi, but it's not quite as simple as that. I have two networks at home. Other PC's and devices in the house are connected to both networks. My Dell E7440 has decided it does not want to conect to either network via Wifi using a password. Every time I enter the password for either network i get a "cannot connect" message. The passwords have not changed and all other devices can connect. I can connect to the internet through both routers via LAN cable. I thought maybe it was my wifi adapter that was at fault however this is not the case. Through one of my network service providers I have hotspot capabilities. I can actually connect to that router as a hotspot so I know the wifi adapter is working. I've tried turning the laptop off an on. I've turned the wifi off and on. I've been through the troubleshooter which identified no problems. I've checked the drivers and I have the latest installed. Any ideas because I'm stumped?

:)

johnweet, Jun 22, 2021

2. How to set up Wifi? HTC S720

Yes, HTC S620 or HTC Excalibur has wifi built-in. To set up wifi, follow these steps:

• turn the wifi radio on by going to settings>command manager>wifi
    • it should automatically give you the list of available wifi hotspots
    • If the network is protected by key, it will ask you you to enter the key

TarandeepKaur, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Something weird going on with Wifi settings

Weird Wifi Issue

So, I've noticed something weird on my laptop when it comes to my home wifi network.
    I have a bootcamped Macbook Pro that I have been running Windows 10 on for some time. A couple months ago I noticed that when I am connected to the Wifi and go to a website that I don't have cookies or history for, it will load up, get to the point of changing the tab title and favicon, then just continue loading nothing until I shut it down. No page, no content, just blank frame.
    When I change over to the Apple OS, the connection works just fine and pages will load up with no problems.
    Recently, I took a trip to visit family and on their wifi, everything was just fine and everything loaded up. This issue only happens when I'm on my home network.
    I've tried resetting the network settings, every command prompt command there is, and any other network solving suggestion that I could find.

leedrake1980, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Something weird going on with Wifi settings

1. Something weird going on with Wifi settings - Similar Threads - Something weird going

2. something weird going on with my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something weird going on with my PC: it was fine a just hours ago but now it's completely different. files explorer isn't working or loading when i try to use the desktop shortcut it is now not starting but leaves my mouse as the loading symbol unable to click anywhere on the desktop aswell as xbox app doesn't...
  3. something weird going on with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something weird going on with my PC: it was fine a just hours ago but now it's completely different. files explorer isn't working or loading when i try to use the desktop shortcut it is now not starting but leaves my mouse as the loading symbol unable to click anywhere on the desktop aswell as xbox app doesn't...
  4. Something weird going on with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something weird going on with my PC: Hello, something weird just happened while I was playing with a friend.All of a sudden things only take one tap to open, for example folders and files, It's like as if when I tap once, it double taps.When I click once to create a new tab on chrome, It opens another one.This...
  5. Something weird going on with my PC

Something weird going on with my PC: Hello, something weird just happened while I was playing with a friend.All of a sudden things only take one tap to open, for example folders and files, It's like as if when I tap once, it double taps.When I click once to create a new tab on chrome, It opens another one.This...
  6. Something weird going on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something weird going on: HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xtWin 10About 2 years old.Been having some issues with the pc acting strange. I ran the HP assistant scans and everything came back clean and in order. I ran a Win 10 diagnostic, and everything came back in correct running order.All of the drives...
  7. Something weird going on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something weird going on: HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xtWin 10About 2 years old.Been having some issues with the pc acting strange. I ran the HP assistant scans and everything came back clean and in order. I ran a Win 10 diagnostic, and everything came back in correct running order.All of the drives...
  8. Something weird going on

9. there is something weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is something weird: why does .tpm.uploud or tpm.dowload appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-something-weird/e9f81507-3a23-4f5f-a0e6-bcb32d2d37f0
  10. Something weird is going on with Windows Security...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something weird is going on with Windows Security...: When I just boot up my PC everything goes normally but when I reboot my PC after being on Windows Security has a spot of trouble getting security information with the parts of Virus- and threatsecurity and Firewall and networksecurity. (I see a little line of walking dots and...