Windows 10: Something weird happend but now my computer is ok

Discus and support Something weird happend but now my computer is ok in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i just turned on my laptop as usual and when i logged in it said Welcome to microsoft an i was confused and it showed me if i wanted a free trial of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kynaru, Jun 6, 2020.

1. /u/Kynaru Win User

Something weird happend but now my computer is ok

So i just turned on my laptop as usual and when i logged in it said Welcome to microsoft an i was confused and it showed me if i wanted a free trial of Office and i just clicked no then it said that if i want to link my phone number or something like if it was a new computer. Now my laptop seems to be working fine but i wanna know the reason of that happening. Thanks

submitted by /u/Kynaru
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kynaru, Jun 6, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Weird Noise after Anniversary Update

Hello John,

Let’s check what is causing that weird sound on your laptop.

Based on the link that you had provided, it seems that it’s either your CPU fan or Hard drive which is creating that sound.

If it’s the CPU fan, it might be an issue due to heavy processing, processor heating up or changes made during the update. If it’s your Hard drive, the issue might be with HDD performance. We suggest you to back up all your data to your external drive
    to prevent data loss.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

Step 1: Check your Task Manager

Close all applications and check in task manager for any high usage of resources by any process.

• Press Ctrl + Shift+ Esc together to open task manager.
    • Click on more details and check for any apps that is taking more resources.
    • Take note of any Applications that are taking High CPU usages and try to disable it if it’s not that important.
    Step 2: Start your computer in Safe Mode

Safe mode will start computer with basic drivers to check what might be causing the issue in normal functioning of computer. Check if the weird sounds are still happening.

Start computer in Safe Mode

Step 3: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Press Windows + W, and type troubleshooting.
    • From the search list, click on troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane click on view all to get the list.
    • Click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
    Hardware and device troubleshooter is an inbuilt troubleshooter that will find the issues with hardware devices and try to fix them automatically.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 8, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Something weird happend but now my computer is ok - Similar Threads - Something weird happend

2. Hey, is my computer ok, now or should i do something else?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hey, is my computer ok, now or should i do something else?: Hey,A few days ago my windows defender found a threat after I inserted my pedrive to my computer. I quarantined it and then i choose to remove it. Is my computer safe to use now? I haven't connected it to the internet since then....
  3. Something happend and your pin is not availible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happend and your pin is not availible: I was trying something new with msconfig, I selected "Selective startup" and unchecked everything. I Restarted my pc and could not get back in. I use PIN only and not password. I cant reset my pc, the option doesn't show up. I never backed up my pc. I don't have anyway of...
  4. Something happend and your pin is not availible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something happend and your pin is not availible: I was trying something new with msconfig, I selected "Selective startup" and unchecked everything. I Restarted my pc and could not get back in. I use PIN only and not password. I cant reset my pc, the option doesn't show up. I never backed up my pc. I don't have anyway of...
  5. Something happend and your pin is not availible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Something happend and my password isn’t available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happend and my password isn’t available: Something happend and my password isn’t available. I have now tryed to go into winRE but every option just “restarts” my pc and the screen just turns black, only when I shut it down by pressing the power button on the pc itself i can then do the same thing over and over...
  7. Something happend and my password isn’t available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happend and my password isn’t available: Something happend and my password isn’t available. I have now tryed to go into winRE but every option just “restarts” my pc and the screen just turns black, only when I shut it down by pressing the power button on the pc itself i can then do the same thing over and over...
  8. Something happend and my password isn’t available

9. Something happend on our end.

Something happend on our end.: Hello. I recently bought Forza Horizon 4 but when I try to install it an error pops up saying "Something had happend on our end. Try again later". Thanks in advice! :...
  10. Upgrade fails @ 33% - "Something Happended"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade fails @ 33% - "Something Happended": Trying to upgrade from Win 7 Ultimate. For some reason windows update just says "reserved" so I forced the upgrade with the tool: - Windows 10 Tried the standard upgrade = failed - something happened @ 33% Tried running the ISO = failed something happened @ 33%...