Windows 10: Something weird happened after Win update

Discus and support Something weird happened after Win update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I check my Win version from time to time. I did the may update I believe from Blink's Tutorial, then my version was, Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eaglepi, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Something weird happened after Win update

I check my Win version from time to time. I did the may update I believe from Blink's Tutorial, then my version was, Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 build 19043.928 Yesterday there was an update, I know from the look of my desktop. I hide all my icons and I have password manager that never logs out unless I manually do of it reaches the time i set which is months. All icons were on my desktop and my password manager was logged out and that only happens when there is a reboot. Now when I check my Winver I have Version20H2 ( OS Build 19042.1052) did my Windows version downgrade???

:)

Eaglepi, Jun 12, 2021

2. Weird Noise after Anniversary Update

Hello John,

Let’s check what is causing that weird sound on your laptop.

Based on the link that you had provided, it seems that it’s either your CPU fan or Hard drive which is creating that sound.

If it’s the CPU fan, it might be an issue due to heavy processing, processor heating up or changes made during the update. If it’s your Hard drive, the issue might be with HDD performance. We suggest you to back up all your data to your external drive
    to prevent data loss.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

Step 1: Check your Task Manager

Close all applications and check in task manager for any high usage of resources by any process.

• Press Ctrl + Shift+ Esc together to open task manager.
    • Click on more details and check for any apps that is taking more resources.
    • Take note of any Applications that are taking High CPU usages and try to disable it if it’s not that important.
    Step 2: Start your computer in Safe Mode

Safe mode will start computer with basic drivers to check what might be causing the issue in normal functioning of computer. Check if the weird sounds are still happening.

Start computer in Safe Mode

Step 3: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Press Windows + W, and type troubleshooting.
    • From the search list, click on troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane click on view all to get the list.
    • Click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
    Hardware and device troubleshooter is an inbuilt troubleshooter that will find the issues with hardware devices and try to fix them automatically.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 12, 2021
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jun 12, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Something weird happened after Win update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Something weird happened after Win update - Similar Threads - Something weird happened

2. No Windows Updates But Something Weird Has Happened on Restart- Please Read Context

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows Updates But Something Weird Has Happened on Restart- Please Read Context: I have no Windows Updates available to me right now, I'm pretty much up to date on my Windows 10; I did update Google Chrome, Microsoft365/Office, and Windows Defender [Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.397.586.0] earlier, but...
  3. No Windows Updates But Something Weird Has Happened on Restart- Please Read Context

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows Updates But Something Weird Has Happened on Restart- Please Read Context: I have no Windows Updates available to me right now, I'm pretty much up to date on my Windows 10; I did update Google Chrome, Microsoft365/Office, and Windows Defender [Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.397.586.0] earlier, but...
  4. No Windows Updates But Something Weird Has Happened on Restart- Please Read Context

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Something weird happening with my acer nitro 5 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something weird happening with my acer nitro 5 laptop: My laptop broke a few weeks ago, It has gotten repaired a little over a week ago.And this popped up today where my laptop every once and a while gets really laggy, like 10-20 FPS for around 5-10 seconds.Just not even 20 minutes ago my laptop became laggy for 10 seconds while...
  6. there is something weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is something weird: why does .tpm.uploud or tpm.dowload appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-something-weird/e9f81507-3a23-4f5f-a0e6-bcb32d2d37f0
  7. weird happens

weird happens: I had to change my wi-fi password after I found out someone was stealing my signal. This was no easy thing but I got it done. Since then my internet speed has dropped from around 590 mbs to around 95mbs (hard wired) My wifes computer is still running at approx 590mbs (hard...
  8. Something happen to my pc, it's been weird

Something happen to my pc, it's been weird: Hello Microsoft Community, I have been experiencing some problems with my Pc while playing Blu-ray movies. First things first, back on February 2020, I update windows 10 after this update, I've been having problems such as: -Microsoft apps like Groove music and Movies...
  9. Something weird happened to my laptop..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something weird happened to my laptop..: 7 year old laptop. W10 Home v1803. Now before you go,"Update your Windows, dumbass!", hear me out. Other than using MCT, v1809 was never pushed to me, which I'm guessing it's due to the problems during initial deployment. By the time v1903 was pushed to me, which was about a...
  10. Weird happenings after 9926

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird happenings after 9926: First, it's a clean install from ISO. all updates, including big tech preview fixes. I have three issues that are just baffling... 1. Cannot unblock any downloads, option appears, click, apply, ok.... but still blocked. 2. sfc /scannow stops at 2%, "cannot perform...