Windows 10: something weird is going on with my task bar an idk what is causing it

Discus and support something weird is going on with my task bar an idk what is causing it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so when ever my curser lands on one of the things on my task bar it does this and its extremely annoying, and the only way to fix it is via restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexBergmann, Aug 9, 2021.

1. something weird is going on with my task bar an idk what is causing it

so when ever my curser lands on one of the things on my task bar it does this and its extremely annoying, and the only way to fix it is via restarting my computer, is there a way i can fix this

:)

AlexBergmann, Aug 9, 2021

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 9, 2021
  3. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 9, 2021
  4. something weird is going on with my task bar an idk what is causing it

Task bar keeps moving

Hi Timbo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help.

The issue might have been caused if the ‘Auto-hide’ task bar option got checked. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps to disable auto hide task bar.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a uncheck mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Also check the option “task bar location on the screen” need to select “bottom”.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

something weird is going on with my task bar an idk what is causing it

1. something weird is going on with my task bar an idk what is causing it - Similar Threads - something weird going

2. something weird going on with my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something weird going on with my PC: it was fine a just hours ago but now it's completely different. files explorer isn't working or loading when i try to use the desktop shortcut it is now not starting but leaves my mouse as the loading symbol unable to click anywhere on the desktop aswell as xbox app doesn't...
  3. something weird going on with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something weird going on with my PC: it was fine a just hours ago but now it's completely different. files explorer isn't working or loading when i try to use the desktop shortcut it is now not starting but leaves my mouse as the loading symbol unable to click anywhere on the desktop aswell as xbox app doesn't...
  4. Something weird going on with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something weird going on with my PC: Hello, something weird just happened while I was playing with a friend.All of a sudden things only take one tap to open, for example folders and files, It's like as if when I tap once, it double taps.When I click once to create a new tab on chrome, It opens another one.This...
  5. Something weird going on with my PC

Something weird going on with my PC: Hello, something weird just happened while I was playing with a friend.All of a sudden things only take one tap to open, for example folders and files, It's like as if when I tap once, it double taps.When I click once to create a new tab on chrome, It opens another one.This...
  6. Something weird going on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something weird going on: HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xtWin 10About 2 years old.Been having some issues with the pc acting strange. I ran the HP assistant scans and everything came back clean and in order. I ran a Win 10 diagnostic, and everything came back in correct running order.All of the drives...
  7. Something weird going on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something weird going on: HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xtWin 10About 2 years old.Been having some issues with the pc acting strange. I ran the HP assistant scans and everything came back clean and in order. I ran a Win 10 diagnostic, and everything came back in correct running order.All of the drives...
  8. Something weird going on

9. Something is bugged and idk what it is

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something is bugged and idk what it is: I've tried everything i could think of, even completely restoring my pc. It also randomly alternates between not being able to click on literally anything and being able to click on something, but even when its able to click on something, its still kinda buggy....
  10. Weird Windows Glitch or something idk.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Windows Glitch or something idk.: For some reason, when I am doing a lot of stuff File Explorer crashes, doesn't let you open it for a while, then the whole desktop crashes this is within 30 seconds and then the whole desktop resets and you see spaces in between the apps on there. I found out that Wix the...