Windows 10: "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files."

Discus and support "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files." in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows Photos Video Projects, I suddenly am encountering an issue where I cannot use the "+ Add" button to insert a video. If I click it, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jmwalker0498, Mar 25, 2020.

1. "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files."

In Windows Photos Video Projects, I suddenly am encountering an issue where I cannot use the "+ Add" button to insert a video. If I click it, then select a video, it simply flashes the message "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files."

:)

jmwalker0498, Mar 25, 2020

2. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

"Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files." [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

"Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files." [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Berton, Mar 25, 2020
  4. "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files."

Lumia 650, we couldn´t connect to the update service

Hi,

Have a lumia 650 with Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.494 is this the latest version?

When i check for updates i get this: we couldn´t connect to the update service, we`ll try again later..

I have internet connection via WiFi and a microsoft account set up.

Christian.T, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

"Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files."

1. "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files." - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Photos - regular "something went wrong" and "we couldn't save that one" errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos - regular "something went wrong" and "we couldn't save that one" errors: Am using photos on a computer with just local drives, and am having real issues with getting it to do anything reliably. It's version 2022.30060.30007.0.If I favourite a photo and then continue browsing through the photos, usually about 5 seconds after favouriting and...
  3. Photos - regular "something went wrong" and "we couldn't save that one" errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos - regular "something went wrong" and "we couldn't save that one" errors: Am using photos on a computer with just local drives, and am having real issues with getting it to do anything reliably. It's version 2022.30060.30007.0.If I favourite a photo and then continue browsing through the photos, usually about 5 seconds after favouriting and...
  4. sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera: Hi I am used Microsoft Surface labtop3, I few week ago Window hello used face logon it still work propoly. After update patch Window10, Face logon it not work. I try to remove Window hellp face and set up again . It cannot setup after key PIN and then shown "sorry...
  5. Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D

Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D: Hi, I had the same problem trying to save a file described in the posted question by the user Arslan Iftikhar, I copied the link and the question down below. I spent weeks trying to fix it, I dedicated the last two days to get this fixed. I tried all the information...
  6. "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files" error.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files" error.: Hello, I am trying to use the default photos app to edit videos, but the editor has stopped working. I can no longer import new files longer than a minute or so and am greeted by the error in the title every time. I cannot add videos I had previously added either. I have...
  7. Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong

Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong: Hi, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the message Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong. I TRIED UPDATING MY WINDOWS SAME ****...A DAY BEFORE IT WAS FINE. SUDDENLY YESTERDAY N NOW ****? I JUST SIMPLY TRY saving group clip arts no problem, but individual...
  8. Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D

Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D: I have exactly the same problem as described in February 2019 on this community. I went through all the steps as Arslan Iftikhar. In my case the problem is not solved yet....
  9. Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D

Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D: Hello! Microsoft community I am facing two Problems at the same time. 1-I cannot save the png format in Paint 3D. When I tried to save the image file I got this message something went wrong could not save. 2-The Second Problem is that I can't use the Microsoft PDF...
  10. Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D: Hello! Microsoft community I am facing two Problems at the same time. 1-I cannot save the png format in Paint 3D. When I tried to save the image file I got this message something went wrong could not save. 2-The Second Problem is that I can't use the Microsoft PDF...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft photos choose some other files something went wrong and we coudnt add some files

2. choose some other files something went wrong and we couldnt add some files

3. windows video maker choose some other files

4. something went wrong couldnt add some files microsoft video editor,
  5. windows video editor something went wrong and we couldnt add files