Windows 10: Something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits

Discus and support Something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am using freshly updated Windows 10. In the last few days, I noticed that my emails are not send. The following error messages are displayed:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GraceGW, Jun 8, 2020.

1. GraceGW Win User

Something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits

Hello,

I am using freshly updated Windows 10. In the last few days, I noticed that my emails are not send. The following error messages are displayed:

"There was an error sending your message". and "Something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits". Please help.

Grace

:)

GraceGW, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits

Cannot edit images when saved in Fresh paint

Hi Kamila,

As per the information, I understand that when you save an image drawn in Fresh Paint, you are unable to edit the image once saved.

If the above is true, I suggest that you follow the steps below to save the image in a manner that will allow you to edit it.

• To save your painting right click on fresh paint and click on
      Save as
      . You will get an option to select the location.
    • Select the location and save the painting.
    • When you reopen fresh paint you will be on the painting you used before closing fresh paint. If you do not get the painting, you may click on image and go to the location and select the image to edit.

For added information on Fresh Paint refer to the FAQ below

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Note: Also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits

1. Something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Login failure loop with "Something went wrong... We weren't able to set up your pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login failure loop with "Something went wrong... We weren't able to set up your pin": I'm stuck in a loop, with no help from the "recovery environment."Windows 11 - recently had an update.PIN - I did't set one, and usually used the "Skip for now" option to login. My problem is *exactly* as this issue here. Screen shots are the same, everything...
  3. Login failure loop with "Something went wrong... We weren't able to set up your pin"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login failure loop with "Something went wrong... We weren't able to set up your pin": I'm stuck in a loop, with no help from the "recovery environment."Windows 11 - recently had an update.PIN - I did't set one, and usually used the "Skip for now" option to login. My problem is *exactly* as this issue here. Screen shots are the same, everything...
  4. Windows Mail App - something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App - something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits: I have a Windows 10 Home 21H2 latest build laptop that has suddenly started giving this error in the form of a banner across the header of the Windows Mail app.It happens every time I launch the app, often taking a minute or two to pop up.I can use the app normally up until...
  5. Windows Mail App - something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits

Windows Mail App - something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits: I have a Windows 10 Home 21H2 latest build laptop that has suddenly started giving this error in the form of a banner across the header of the Windows Mail app.It happens every time I launch the app, often taking a minute or two to pop up.I can use the app normally up until...
  6. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.: Surface book2; I got this message "Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin. You can try again, or skip this step and set up PIN later" since 2 years ago until now. I looked through all the suggested like NGC file, DISM command, gpedit.msc,...
  7. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.: Surface book2; I got this message "Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin. You can try again, or skip this step and set up PIN later" since 2 years ago until now. I looked through all the suggested like NGC file, DISM command, gpedit.msc,...
  8. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.

9. Windows 10 Mail App - something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits

Windows 10 Mail App - something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits: Hi I am looking to see if anyone can help I have a user who is using the windows 10 mail app, and when she creates a new calander entry and tries to invite people there is an error "something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits" Ive reinstalled...
  10. Microsoft error dismiss, something went wrong and weren't able to save your recent edit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft error dismiss, something went wrong and weren't able to save your recent edit: Unable to forward or share any info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-error-dismiss-something-went-wrong-and/f78e2d65-ba54-4cd3-bef6-aceb9b83f441

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 mail something went wrong and we werent able to save your recent edits