Windows 10: "Something went wrong" error when mapping Gmail ID on the Outlook app on my Windows laptop

Discus and support "Something went wrong" error when mapping Gmail ID on the Outlook app on my Windows laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm repeatedly getting "Something went wrong" error when mapping Gmail ID on the Outlook app on my Windows laptop. I have tried all options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Falkandor, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Falkandor Win User

"Something went wrong" error when mapping Gmail ID on the Outlook app on my Windows laptop

Falkandor, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jun 19, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jun 19, 2020
  4. maxknux Win User

"Something went wrong" error when mapping Gmail ID on the Outlook app on my Windows laptop

How to connect gmail to outlook in windows 10?

Which version of Outlook are you talking about?
    Office - Outlook 2013
    App - Mail Store App

Also why did you turn off 2 step verification and have POP protocol enabled.

I have 2 step verification enabled and POP3 disabled while IMAP is enabled. For the Office outlook, you just make an app password in the security tab of your Google Account.
    Get started with IMAP and POP3 - Gmail Help

For the Mail store app, you input your login stuff and it will automatically prompt you for the 2 factor code then it will tell you to accept permissions for windows to access your Google account. Bam you set.

maxknux, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. "Something went wrong" error when mapping Gmail ID on the Outlook app on my Windows laptop - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Windows 365 App Error Something went wrong. [1200]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 365 App Error Something went wrong. [1200]: When I log in with a user I will get the following error:Something went wrong. [1200]See log files:[2023-10-20 20:55:59.979] [async_logger] [error] [OneAuth:Error:5mpen:0096c290-7602-448e-a5d7-48829395e257] Code:3800 Default account was not set. User cannot sign-in silently....
  3. Windows 365 App Error Something went wrong. [1200]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 365 App Error Something went wrong. [1200]: When I log in with a user I will get the following error:Something went wrong. [1200]See log files:[2023-10-20 20:55:59.979] [async_logger] [error] [OneAuth:Error:5mpen:0096c290-7602-448e-a5d7-48829395e257] Code:3800 Default account was not set. User cannot sign-in silently....
  4. Something went wrong

Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  5. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  6. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  7. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  8. Error: Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error: Something went wrong: I can't upload photos from my iphone 10 into the photos app on windows 10. Half of the time it can't find anything on the phone, and then when it does it starts uploading and immediately I get an error message saying "something went wrong"...
  9. Phots app - 'Something Went Wrong'

Phots app - 'Something Went Wrong': Hi All Trying to create a brief video using my photos. I am unable to export the video - instead its the 'Something Went Wrong' message and kindly replays the video i cannot export?! Any help appreciated. Thanks Simon...
  10. Something Went Wrong Error on Log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something Went Wrong Error on Log in: I am getting this error message: Something Went wrong Error, try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/something-went-wrong-error-on-log-in/420281dc-e314-4b6b-9510-0223b741776c