Windows 10: Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Discus and support Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can someone help me with this. I have sent invite to my kid to join Microsoft family, she got the email with the link. But when clicking on it it gives... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SergeyM78, Feb 28, 2019.

1. SergeyM78 Win User

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Can someone help me with this. I have sent invite to my kid to join Microsoft family, she got the email with the link. But when clicking on it it gives her error "sorry something went wrong" Nothing seems to help with this. We even went ahead and got her new email and created new Microsoft account, she still can't join. All other members of our family joined but her.

:)

SergeyM78, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

is there any way to add child screen time in family safety where "Something went wrong" message, no bump email from child and administrative access are a problem

Hi,

Joan here, stepping up for Mark Isi. Family Safety is designed to help protect children on the computer by monitoring their usage, setting time limits and restrictions, and filtering the web pages you want them to see.

To resolve your query about Family Safety, we suggest that you remove the Child Account from your Family Settings. To do that, kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Accounts and select Family and other users.
    • Tap on the Manage family settings online.
    • Click Remove under Your Family.
    • Select on the child account you want remove.
    • Click Remove.
    • You will receive an email confirming the child has been removed from the family.
    After that, you may use this link on how to add your Child Account again in Family Settings.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to update this post.

Joan Pin, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Invitation sent to their email address. but even when they accept the message is not updated online

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

There could be a corruption with the Family Safety settings. I suggest you to remove and re-add the account.

Follow these steps:

• Go to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family#/
    • You will see the child account listed with a message saying that the invitation has been sent.
    • Click on Remove option and select the child account with the "invitation has been sent" message.
    • Click the Add option and re-enter your child's email address.

Also try the suggestions provided by k_zed on November 28, 2015
    to a similar issue in the following link.

Invitation to join family not received

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 28, 2019
  4. TomCAYLOR Win User

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Family Safety won't add new child

Same error message here. Last week I added 3 children to my family successfully, and on the 4th one I started getting this message, sometimes when I click on the link in the email, and sometimes it goes to the accounts.live.com page and when I click on
    the option to join the family then I get this error message.

I am doing this to add children to my family for getting Family Safety to work in Windows 10. I already had it working in Windows 7, so I click on the Windows 7 family member, and follow the steps of logging on to the newly created Microsoft account for
    that family member (Step 1), then going back to my parent account and typing in the child's Microsoft account email address to have the invitation to join the family sent (Step 2), then going back to the child's login and Microsoft account and clicking on
    the link in the invitation email, which is where the error pops up and I can't do anything else.

Another detail is that the other 3 children (for which this process worked without the error message), already had Microsoft (Outlook) email addresses. The 4th child didn't yet have one, so I created a new Outlook email address.

This child cannot use the computer until this problem gets resolved. It is infuriating, that I had Family Safety working in Windows 7 and all was well in our household, and then I was bombarded by all these plugs to update to Windows 10, and then finally
    when my holiday vacation days start and I have time to update to Windows 10, it doesn't work and we are stuck. I have spend several nights staying up trying to get this to work. This is highway robbery of our family's holiday time, to give us something that
    doesn't really add benefit, and still doesn't work.

TomCAYLOR, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email. - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Something went wrong: Something went wrong error 0x800706D9 in my Store. Please someone check it. I have Windows 10 21h1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/ad459315-11e0-47e1-9a99-10d6800a11cf
  3. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  4. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  5. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  6. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety - Something went wrong

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety - Something went wrong: When my son requests more screen time on his windows 10 pc I get the error message "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the internet?I have tried removing from him from the family safety account at accounts.microsoft.com but this...
  8. Trying to join family as a child and getting this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We're...

Trying to join family as a child and getting this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We're...: Tried multiple times on different devices with same error so not OS related. Any idea ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-join-family-as-a-child-and-getting-this/3465878b-6836-4d56-951b-c73f2fe90fc8
  9. Family features something went wrong

Family features something went wrong: Anyone use or notice this since feature update? On every restart box pops up ‘Microsoft family features something went wrong, we are working on it’. Affects all our machines 109111
  10. Family features something went wrong

Family features something went wrong: Am thinking it’s more widespread and the problem is on Microsoft’s end because several of my family and friends are seeing the same. They have their own family acc setups. Nothing to do with mine EDIT where did the reply post go from the other user? Makes it look like I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family link something went wrong