Windows 10: "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." Version 2004 update.

Discus and support "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." Version 2004 update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After what seemed like a successful update, I get this screen while waiting for me to hit enter and enter passcode. It's a flashing message. Here is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonTravis, Jun 23, 2020.

1. DonTravis Win User

"Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." Version 2004 update.

After what seemed like a successful update, I get this screen while waiting for me to hit enter and enter passcode. It's a flashing message. Here is a 1 sec mp4 and a jpg of the message. Anyone seen this and have any suggestions?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eqg15c0yi5wh6im/AAAn-Y3sLazBAnVeooSbWTaGa?dl=0

:)

DonTravis, Jun 23, 2020
  2. ShaneDer Win User

Wrong Version Update Attempt

I have Version 1809 of Windows Home 10, Yet in my history and sometimes pending list.....updates for versions 1909 and 1903 are listed. Why does it continue to download the wrong updates? thanks

ShaneDer, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

I presume the total absence of any tiles is your personal choice, as is removing the Search, Cortana and TaskView icons from the task bar. Seems you are a minimalist. Not my style, but I'll respect your choice.

You link definitely shows the Start, there's no doubt because on the left it includes the power button, a user icon, etc. but it doesn't show the All apps list as your 1909 screenshot does. This lack of an All apps list in your 2004 could be explained by turning off 'Show apps list in Start menu' in Personalization > Start. But that is not the case in your link, if it were there would be three icons at the top left of Start (the 3rd will show the All apps list). But yours has just the one icon, meaning that the All apps list should be displayed already. Here I show how that looks in 2004, first without the All apps list, them with.

"Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." Version 2004 update. [​IMG]

"Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." Version 2004 update. [​IMG]

What appear to be happening is that Search that is appearing on the Start menu on top of the All apps list. Now there is no setting provided by MS to make Search appear on Start, but there is in third-part apps such as Classic Shell or Open Shell. Do you have one of those installed?

Whatever the problem is, it is definitely this Search box (minimalist again, everything turned off except Top apps) you are seeing as a part of Start. How it got put there seems unique to your system, but it's not any setting MS offers (or would have changed in the 2004 upgrade) that has done this.

4. badrobot Win User

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

No one should ever worry about any issues with the Windows update if you take this one extra step...

badrobot, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." Version 2004 update. - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID:...: System: Microsoft account pageI have been waiting for more than 3 hours. I don't think this will be addressed. Is there someone that can help? Day 1, Hours 5I will keep updating with the amount of days I have been waiting. Please be aware, I have troubleshot this pretty well....
  3. Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end: Hi,about ten days ago I reinstalled my PC and installed a new GPU. I formatted all hard drives and made a clean install. MS Store worked the first days when I downloaded the weater app. Now when I try to install the 3D Builder I get the error message you can see above. I also...
  4. Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end: Hi,about ten days ago I reinstalled my PC and installed a new GPU. I formatted all hard drives and made a clean install. MS Store worked the first days when I downloaded the weater app. Now when I try to install the 3D Builder I get the error message you can see above. I also...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...

Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...: Hello! My Windows Hello Fingerprint has been working fine for the past few years I've had my Windows device, but it suddenly stopped working. Whenever I try to use it, the system shows me "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later."I tried following the...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...: Hello! My Windows Hello Fingerprint has been working fine for the past few years I've had my Windows device, but it suddenly stopped working. Whenever I try to use it, the system shows me "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later."I tried following the...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...: Hello! My Windows Hello Fingerprint has been working fine for the past few years I've had my Windows device, but it suddenly stopped working over 2 weeks ago. Whenever I try to use it, the system shows me "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later." Not sure if...
  8. Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again": After installing the updates for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems, this message "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again" appears every time I try to login using fingerprint on my Huawei Matebook 13. Have since tried checking the updates for biometric...
  9. "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." version 2004: After upgrading to version 2004, and restarting this message comes up on the first screen with the background. It is a flashing message, and continues in a smaller version when I hit enter to put in my passcode. Then runs fine as far as I can tell. Jpg and 1 second mp4 in...
  10. Please try again, something went wrong on our end

Please try again, something went wrong on our end: So I bought Minecraft Dungeons the day it came out and tried to install it to no avail. I keep getting the same error message. At first it would actually try to install but then just stop half way and not let me continue it. It's only a couple GB but it would sit there...