Windows 10: “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error

Discus and support “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, all. Really hoping I can find help for this issue. I just went to log onto my laptop and it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available”.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pincurlsandcutegirls, May 24, 2020.

1. “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error

Hi, all. Really hoping I can find help for this issue. I just went to log onto my laptop and it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available”. I cannot remember my password and have tried every possible combination based on the password hint I set up. I’ve never had this issue before. I tried to do the password reset but it mentioned a USB disc. I’m not really tech savy so I’m not sure if this is the same as a regular USB stick. I’ve tried restarting several times and turning internet off and on. I don’t want to reset because I have so much on my laptop. All the help solutions aren’t really working for me as I can’t remember that damn password. Any advice for this?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/pincurlsandcutegirls
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pincurlsandcutegirls, May 24, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, May 24, 2020
  3. Error 'Something went wrong. Try again later' with the pin code

I have the same issue. Pin just stopped working after installing updates. Changed to requiring a password.

The Sign-in Options page only shows "Add" under PIN. It would appear that the existing PIN has been deleted. Normally one would expect to see "Remove" as well as "Add" if the PIN existed.

Trying to add a PIN just results in a grey screen popping up and then disappearing, with the message "Something went wrong. Try again later"

How about telling us what went wrong? Oh you have no idea.

How about telling us how much later? Oh you have no idea.

I've trawled the 'net looking for an answer and most of the MS responses (such as this one) suggest removing and adding a PIN, or selecting "I've forgotten my PIN". If they actually bothered to read the requests then they would see the futility of their
    suggestions!

Come on MS, FIX THE PROBLEM!

chris_tmba, May 24, 2020
  4. “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error

Windows 10 Sign-in options PIN displays Something went wrong. Try again later

If that's so, may we know what steps are you trying for creating a PIN? Also, since you're getting the same error message after performing the suggested step, then you can try creating another user account and create a PIN with it.

Get back to us with the result.

Marque Lor, May 24, 2020
Thema:

“Something Went Wrong” PIN Error

1. “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error - Similar Threads - “Something Went Wrong”

2. "Something went wrong" and pin isn't available error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong" and pin isn't available error: Sometime when I leave my laptop to sleep mode and try to login again, this error message just pops up even after keying in the correct pin. The screen then shows an error code. This usually happens when I leave game running in the background before I put my laptop to sleep,...
  3. "Something went wrong" and pin isn't available error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Something went wrong" and pin isn't available error: Sometime when I leave my laptop to sleep mode and try to login again, this error message just pops up even after keying in the correct pin. The screen then shows an error code. This usually happens when I leave game running in the background before I put my laptop to sleep,...
  4. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.: recently i changed my PIN cause i forgot it and now i'm ALWAYS getting an error saying 'Something went wrong with your pin' and it asks me to restart but still the PIN doesn't work. Now I am UNABLE to use my PIN. Is there any solution to this?...
  5. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.: recently i changed my PIN cause i forgot it and now i'm ALWAYS getting an error saying 'Something went wrong with your pin' and it asks me to restart but still the PIN doesn't work. Now I am UNABLE to use my PIN. Is there any solution to this?...
  6. Something went wrong. Pin setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong. Pin setup: I have had my laptop for 2 weeks when suddenly i can nolonger access windows. When I turn on my laptop, it shows the only account I have setup. When I click "sign in" it opens a Microsoft account window asking to sign in to my account. I enter my email and click "next". I...
  7. Something went wrong. Pin setup

Something went wrong. Pin setup: I have had my laptop for 2 weeks when suddenly i can nolonger access windows. When I turn on my laptop, it shows the only account I have setup. When I click "sign in" it opens a Microsoft account window asking to sign in to my account. I enter my email and click "next". I...
  8. Something went wrong with my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong with my PIN: I have a problem with my computer, I can't get into it The code is not accepted when I put it they tell me something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0. And I try to format it and I can't, and I try to delete updates as well, I can't...
  9. Something went wrong with my PIN

Something went wrong with my PIN: I have a problem with my computer, I can't get into it The code is not accepted when I put it they tell me something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0. And I try to format it and I can't, and I try to delete updates as well, I can't...
  10. Something went wrong with my PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 somethong went wrong and pin code is not usable

2. error when trying to set up windows pin

3. creating your pin something get wrong windows 10