Windows 10: Something went wrong We couldn't find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490

Discus and support Something went wrong We couldn't find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have seen the thread for this error dated back in 2018 but I have a new laptop and am getting the same problem. Windows 10 Version 20H2 OS Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FannySnaith, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Something went wrong We couldn't find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490

I have seen the thread for this error dated back in 2018 but I have a new laptop and am getting the same problem.

Windows 10

Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.906

I am trying to add my Gmail account to Mail but this error keeps appearing. I have tried all sorts but nothing is working.

Please help

Something went wrong

We couldn't find your settings.

Error code: 0x80070490

:)

FannySnaith, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

error code 0x80070490

Hi Krishna,

This error code 0x80070490 is mainly related to Windows update. To verify some information, kindly provide answer to the following questions:

• When did you first encounter this software issue?
    • Are you still on the process of updating when this error code appears?
    • What is your Windows operating system's current build version?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far, besides Windows update troubleshooter?
    Please advise so we could further assess on this issue. we'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Something went wrong We couldn't find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490

error code 0x80070490

error code on updates 0x80070490

DougAmmann, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Something went wrong We couldn't find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490

1. Something went wrong We couldn't find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490 - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.: recently i changed my PIN cause i forgot it and now i'm ALWAYS getting an error saying 'Something went wrong with your pin' and it asks me to restart but still the PIN doesn't work. Now I am UNABLE to use my PIN. Is there any solution to this?...
  3. Photos - regular "something went wrong" and "we couldn't save that one" errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos - regular "something went wrong" and "we couldn't save that one" errors: Am using photos on a computer with just local drives, and am having real issues with getting it to do anything reliably. It's version 2022.30060.30007.0.If I favourite a photo and then continue browsing through the photos, usually about 5 seconds after favouriting and...
  4. Photos - regular "something went wrong" and "we couldn't save that one" errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos - regular "something went wrong" and "we couldn't save that one" errors: Am using photos on a computer with just local drives, and am having real issues with getting it to do anything reliably. It's version 2022.30060.30007.0.If I favourite a photo and then continue browsing through the photos, usually about 5 seconds after favouriting and...
  5. Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490: Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-account-something-went-wrong-we-could-not-find/7f31a4c3-721b-4024-94c3-e0e0bd1b0588
  6. we tried to sign in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we tried to sign in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong.: I recently purchased minecraft for windows ten and whenever i try to sign into my account in order to play minecraft realms with my friends all I receive is an error message stating "we tried to sign in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong."...
  7. Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect: Since I can't post to the original thread, I wanted to post my solution for others. In my case the BITDEFENDER Firewall blocked the connection. My PC has an ETHERNET connection to the LAN and a separate NOT CONNECTED WiFi USB dongle just for MiraCast as for some reason...
  8. "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files" error.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files" error.: Hello, I am trying to use the default photos app to edit videos, but the editor has stopped working. I can no longer import new files longer than a minute or so and am greeted by the error in the title every time. I cannot add videos I had previously added either. I have...
  9. "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files."

"Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files.": In Windows Photos Video Projects, I suddenly am encountering an issue where I cannot use the "+ Add" button to insert a video. If I click it, then select a video, it simply flashes the message "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files."...
  10. Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong

Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong: Hi, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the message Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong. I TRIED UPDATING MY WINDOWS SAME ****...A DAY BEFORE IT WAS FINE. SUDDENLY YESTERDAY N NOW ****? I JUST SIMPLY TRY saving group clip arts no problem, but individual...