Windows 10: something went wrong we couldn't find your settings

Discus and support something went wrong we couldn't find your settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; something went wrong we couldn't find your settings while trying to set up mail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Uthman Saeed, May 22, 2024.

1. something went wrong we couldn't find your settings

something went wrong we couldn't find your settings while trying to set up mail.

:)

Uthman Saeed, May 22, 2024

2. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

something went wrong we couldn't find your settings 264278d1579822155t-we-couldn-t-create-new-partition-locate-existing-one-image4.jpg

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

something went wrong we couldn't find your settings 264280d1579822192t-we-couldn-t-create-new-partition-locate-existing-one-image5.jpg

hsehestedt, May 22, 2024
  3. Berton Win User
    Berton, May 22, 2024
  4. something went wrong we couldn't find your settings

Lumia 650, we couldn´t connect to the update service

Hi,

Have a lumia 650 with Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.494 is this the latest version?

When i check for updates i get this: we couldn´t connect to the update service, we`ll try again later..

I have internet connection via WiFi and a microsoft account set up.

Christian.T, May 22, 2024
Thema:

something went wrong we couldn't find your settings

1. something went wrong we couldn't find your settings - Similar Threads - something went wrong

2. something went wrong we couldn't find your settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something went wrong we couldn't find your settings: something went wrong we couldn't find your settings while trying to set up mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong-we-couldnt-find-your-settings/fb763b63-04bd-4879-9874-146737021345
  3. Something went wrong, we weren't able to set up your PIN Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong, we weren't able to set up your PIN Error: I am unable to log in to my laptop account as I don't remember my PIN and my fingerprint doesn't work. I tried to set my PIN. After entering my Microsoft Account credentials, I see the "Are you sure you want to reset.." screen and when I click continue, I see an error message...
  4. Something went wrong, we weren't able to set up your PIN Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong, we weren't able to set up your PIN Error: I am unable to log in to my laptop account as I don't remember my PIN and my fingerprint doesn't work. I tried to set my PIN. After entering my Microsoft Account credentials, I see the "Are you sure you want to reset.." screen and when I click continue, I see an error message...
  5. Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490: Add account. Something went wrong we could not find your settings error code 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-account-something-went-wrong-we-could-not-find/7f31a4c3-721b-4024-94c3-e0e0bd1b0588
  6. Something went wrong We couldn't find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490

Something went wrong We couldn't find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490: I have seen the thread for this error dated back in 2018 but I have a new laptop and am getting the same problem. Windows 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.906 I am trying to add my Gmail account to Mail but this error keeps appearing. I have tried all sorts but nothing is...
  7. Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect: Since I can't post to the original thread, I wanted to post my solution for others. In my case the BITDEFENDER Firewall blocked the connection. My PC has an ETHERNET connection to the LAN and a separate NOT CONNECTED WiFi USB dongle just for MiraCast as for some reason...
  8. "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files" error.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files" error.: Hello, I am trying to use the default photos app to edit videos, but the editor has stopped working. I can no longer import new files longer than a minute or so and am greeted by the error in the title every time. I cannot add videos I had previously added either. I have...
  9. "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files."

"Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files.": In Windows Photos Video Projects, I suddenly am encountering an issue where I cannot use the "+ Add" button to insert a video. If I click it, then select a video, it simply flashes the message "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files."...
  10. Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong

Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong: Hi, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the message Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong. I TRIED UPDATING MY WINDOWS SAME ****...A DAY BEFORE IT WAS FINE. SUDDENLY YESTERDAY N NOW ****? I JUST SIMPLY TRY saving group clip arts no problem, but individual...