Windows 10: "Something went wrong" when trying to save photos from video in Microsoft Photos

Discus and support "Something went wrong" when trying to save photos from video in Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have videos supplied to me by a diving contractor in .avi format. When i open them with the Microsoft Photos app, click Edit & Create > Save Photos,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neil A. Smith, Jul 13, 2018.

1. "Something went wrong" when trying to save photos from video in Microsoft Photos

I have videos supplied to me by a diving contractor in .avi format. When i open them with the Microsoft Photos app, click Edit & Create > Save Photos, an error message pops up after i pick the save destination and click the save button. The program then creates an empty file in the location I picked. Please help me!!

Thank you

:)

Neil A. Smith, Jul 13, 2018

2. Microsoft Photos app gets updated – save still photos from videos and

Microsoft Photos app gets updated – save still photos from videos and more

Microsoft has released a new update to the Windows 10 Photos app, and the new version appears to have started rolling out to some users. The app has been bumped to version 16.412.13342.0 and brings some new features along with the usual bug fixes, please find the detailed changelog below:

 ◾Save still photos from videos and living images
    ◾Slow-motion videos taken with a Windows phone can now be edited on your PC
    ◾When importing photos to a PC, quickly clear and select all
    ◾View your OneDrive storage usage in Settings
    ◾Adjust the lighting in photos taken with a Windows phone using rich HDR
    ◾New OneDrive pictures appear more quickly in Collection
    ◾Items now stay selected until you cancel or take action on them
    ◾Bug fixes

Read more at Source
    Microsoft Photos app gets updated - save still photos from videos and more

hTconeM9user, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Microsoft Photos App - Error when saving a photo while saving frames from a video

Hi,

I'm trying to create photos from my videos using the Photos app but am encountering an error.

I open the video with the app, click Edit & Create -> Save Photos, then whenever I click on the 'Save Photo' option when viewing frame by frame, I'm given the same error: 'Something went wrong. Please try that again'.

I have tried this many times over a few weeks but it's still not working.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

James Guilmartin, Jul 13, 2018
  4. "Something went wrong" when trying to save photos from video in Microsoft Photos

I can't Save a Photo From a Video in the Photos/Movies & TV App

When I try to save a photo from a video in the Photos App I get this message

"Something Went Wrong, Please Try That Again"

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Photos

JamesHenderson2, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

"Something went wrong" when trying to save photos from video in Microsoft Photos

1. "Something went wrong" when trying to save photos from video in Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Microsoft Photos - "Saving your changes... Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos - "Saving your changes... Something went wrong": Hi there,I usually use File Explorer to organise my photos and a bit of python However I see the latest update to Microsoft Photos looks pretty good. I open up an image in a directory and scroll through the images - as I see a photo I like I press the L button like or click...
  3. Microsoft Photos - "Saving your changes... Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos - "Saving your changes... Something went wrong": Hi there,I usually use File Explorer to organise my photos and a bit of python However I see the latest update to Microsoft Photos looks pretty good. I open up an image in a directory and scroll through the images - as I see a photo I like I press the L button like or click...
  4. Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos: The last 4 phones I have had, 3 Android and now an iPhone, have all had the same issues importing photos. The first time I connect it will start without an issue. Then at some point it stops and throws up a message that "something went wrong" Then I try to start again but it...
  5. Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos: The last 4 phones I have had, 3 Android and now an iPhone, have all had the same issues importing photos. The first time I connect it will start without an issue. Then at some point it stops and throws up a message that "something went wrong" Then I try to start again but it...
  6. Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

7. saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo: I have tried to save a photo from a video. It will not save and it gives the message' something went wrong'. I have repaired and reset microsoft photo. I also uninstalled and reinstalled this app. What is the fix for this issue?...
  8. saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo

saving a photo from a video using microsoft photo: I have tried to save a photo from a video. It will not save and it gives the message' something went wrong'. I have repaired and reset microsoft photo. I also uninstalled and reinstalled this app. What is the fix for this issue?...
  9. Photo Import Error 'Something Went Wrong' - Try Again or Close.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Import Error 'Something Went Wrong' - Try Again or Close.: I have problem import the photos from iphone XR. Although I plug in with usb cable and window pops up about what will you do with this iphone, I choose import photo. It says 'Photo Import Error 'Something Went Wrong' - Try Again or Close." I have tried many times and changed...
  10. Microsoft Photos App Error "Something went wrong. Please try that again."

Microsoft Photos App Error "Something went wrong. Please try that again.": I'm trying to perform "Save a photo" from an MP4 video using the Microsoft Photos built-in app. I'm getting this error: "Something went wrong. Please try that again." There's a post with a solution in 2018 that had the same error message. The solution in that post didn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photos something went wrong

2. microsoft photos something went wrong

3. choose some other files something went wrong

4. windows video maker choose some other files,
  5. video editor somthing went worng and we couldnt add some files,
  6. windows 10 photos something went wrong iphone,
  7. microsoft photos something went wrong iphone,
  8. choose some other files. something went wrong and we couldnt add some files,
  9. something went wrong saving video,
  10. files may not have been imported,
  11. windows photo will not save frames from video,
  12. video editor windows 10 something went wrong,
  13. something went wrong and couldnt add files video editor,
  14. ms photos save frame something went wrong movie file,
  15. iphone to photos something went wrong your files might not have been imorted