Windows 10: "something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" Dolby Atmos

Discus and support "something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" Dolby Atmos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a dolby atmos setup at my pc. I got a yahama rx-v583 with 2 front speakers, 2 surround speakers and 2 height speakers. I have this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by canonsvogel, Dec 16, 2018.

1. "something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" Dolby Atmos

Hello,
    I have a dolby atmos setup at my pc. I got a yahama rx-v583 with 2 front speakers, 2 surround speakers and 2 height speakers. I have this connected to my pc with windows 10 1809 over hdmi. I have installed the Dolby Acces driver. When I try to enable the dolby atmos for home theater spatial sound, I got the message:"something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" and it turns back to off. Windows sonic for headphones does work. I already tried reinstalling the realtek drivers and even my graphics card drivers(Nvidia rtx 2070).

What can I do to get this to work.

Thanks.

:)

canonsvogel, Dec 16, 2018

2. something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound

I opened sound as u suggested first but when selecting Dolby Atmos in spatial sound option it goes back to none, even if i try to click on Windows Sonic for headphones it goes back to off.

and i cant find Dolby Atmos in Device manager > sound, video, and game controllers >, so what to do?

Please Help

AbhinandanGhosh, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Dolby Atmos

I checked this line:

5. Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

and i have list with my two audio cards :

1. onboard - Realtek High Definition audio

and

2. dedicated Asus xonar DG audio device.

When selecting option 1. i have spatial sound dolby atmos option, but when selecting option 2, i have listed only "none" under spatial sound.

I can confirm that i had spatial sound on previous win10 build

For this part:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click Unintall.
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.
    i dont have dolby atmos under sound, video and game controllers

HrvojeReich, Dec 16, 2018
  4. chrisssj2 Win User

"something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" Dolby Atmos

Dolby Atmos Headphones Spatial viritual surround sound 7.1 on or off?

The option "turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound"

Do you need to turn this on or off in use with Dolby Atmos for headphones?
    I read you need to disable "enhancements" when using Dolby Atmos

However since the 7.1 virtual sound option is in the tab of spatial audio, where dolby atmos resides.
    It gives the impression they are ment to be used together.

Does anyone have more knowledge about this?

chrisssj2, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

"something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" Dolby Atmos

1. "something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" Dolby Atmos - Similar Threads - something went wrong

2. "Something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" appearing when trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" appearing when trying to...: I have followed every piece of advice concerning this situation. Atmos is installed correctly. The licence comes with the headphones. I have uninstalled the headphones, Dolby Access and Corsair iCUE, restarted, reinstalled and restarted again... Still nothing.Any possible...
  3. "Something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" appearing when trying to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound" appearing when trying to...: I have followed every piece of advice concerning this situation. Atmos is installed correctly. The licence comes with the headphones. I have uninstalled the headphones, Dolby Access and Corsair iCUE, restarted, reinstalled and restarted again... Still nothing.Any possible...
  4. Something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound.: My PC has licensed Dolby Atmos but when I choose it in spatial sound format it deselects itself and changes it back to off before i can even press apply...
  5. Something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound.: My PC has licensed Dolby Atmos but when I choose it in spatial sound format it deselects itself and changes it back to off before i can even press apply...
  6. Dolby Atmos Spatial Sound not enabling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos Spatial Sound not enabling: So, I did figure this out. I found another thread only 1!!! and ive been all over the internet trying to figure it out but i already kind of had an idea of what may of caused the issue. My Dolby Atmos Sound wouldnt enable. I could do windows sonic but when id click atmos...
  7. Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 News
    Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound: [ATTACH] If your Windows 10 computer supports Dolby Atmos, and you want to use it on the Home Theater, few settings have to be changed. However, if you get an error Spatial sound isn’t working, Something went wrong while trying to [...] This post Something went wrong while...
  8. Dolby Atmos, something went wrong…

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dolby Atmos, something went wrong…: I have Yahama RX-v583 with front, surrounds and height speakers connected to my PC using HDMI. I also set Dolby Atmos and use Windows 10, version 1809. However when I try to enable the Dolby Atmos for home theater spatial sound, I receive a message: "something went wrong...
  9. something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound

something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound: Hello. i have a 3 channel dolby atmos soundbar connected to HDMI to PC. I have a 2 separate window installation on seperate hard drive. one is main drive run on latest release preview build, other one run on latest fast ring, both have latest intel drivers installed....
  10. something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound

something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound: Please help, i have Asus ROG GL-553VW and OS build - 17134.165 and i bought Dolby atoms but it's not working. I tried to update my drivers still no effect. Please help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Spatial sound tab no 7.1 virtual www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. something went wrong dolby atmos windows 10

3. something went wrong when trying to turn on spatial sound dolby atmos

4. something went wrong when turning on spatial sound rx 570,
  5. atmos spatial sound isnt working something went wrong,
  6. went wrong trying to turn on windows sonic,
  7. windows 10 spatial sound something went wrong after reboot