Windows 10: Something went wrong with windows 10 installation, no display to help.

Discus and support Something went wrong with windows 10 installation, no display to help. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I went to install windows 10 from windows 7 and everything seemed to be going well. It restarted once, and went to the blue screen that said it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ellvven, Oct 24, 2021.

1. ellvven Win User

Something went wrong with windows 10 installation, no display to help.

Hi,I went to install windows 10 from windows 7 and everything seemed to be going well. It restarted once, and went to the blue screen that said it would take a while and restart several times. I left the room while it was at 86% and I came back to the tower off and no restart. When I tried to turn the tower back on I didn't have any monitor display. Can't get it to work. Have unplugged, replugged, waited, restarted, etc. I'm not sure why the computer turned itself off, if it finished installing windows 10, or if it stayed on 7, but with no monitor display I can't figure out what to do or how t

:)

ellvven, Oct 24, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Something went wrong with windows 10 installation, no display to help. [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

1. Something went wrong with windows 10 installation, no display to help. - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  3. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  4. “Something went wrong” displayed on up laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Something went wrong” displayed on up laptop: Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help. I haven’t had my hp laptop that long, it’s got all the most recent updates but when I’ve connected my iPhone to put my pictures on to my laptop it keeps coming up with something went wrong, we are having trouble accessing items on the...
  5. “Something went wrong” displayed on up laptop

“Something went wrong” displayed on up laptop: Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help. I haven’t had my hp laptop that long, it’s got all the most recent updates but when I’ve connected my iPhone to put my pictures on to my laptop it keeps coming up with something went wrong, we are having trouble accessing items on the...
  6. “Something went wrong” displayed on up laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Something went wrong with windows 10 installation, no display to help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong with windows 10 installation, no display to help.: Hi,I went to install windows 10 from windows 7 and everything seemed to be going well. It restarted once, and went to the blue screen that said it would take a while and restart several times. I left the room while it was at 86% and I came back to the tower off and no...
  8. Something went wrong with windows 10 installation, no display to help.

Something went wrong with windows 10 installation, no display to help.: Hi,I went to install windows 10 from windows 7 and everything seemed to be going well. It restarted once, and went to the blue screen that said it would take a while and restart several times. I left the room while it was at 86% and I came back to the tower off and no...
  9. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  10. Windows 10 installation "something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation "something went wrong": Decided to finally upgrade my main pc to Windows 10 from Win 7... After selecting y/n on speech recognition, location etc, I get the screen "Something went wrong but you can try again. OOBESETTINGSMULTIPAGE" Ive retried and restarted multiple times to no avail. Im kind of...