Windows 10: Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error

Discus and support Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hiii, help me please. I cannot log onto my new computer for the life of me, every since it turned itself off. Its running Microsoft 10, but every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chelsea Watson, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error

Hiii, help me please. I cannot log onto my new computer for the life of me, every since it turned itself off. Its running Microsoft 10, but every time I try to log in with my email at the lockscreen, it will load and then display an error message. It says to check my account on accounts.live.com but this does nothing, and comes up with an error too. Send help, I cannot deal with this.

:)

Chelsea Watson, Oct 24, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Eric F Win User
    Windows 10 - "Something went wrong" - Windows Store / account problems

Scenario

So recently I was trying to install something from the Windows 10 store. I clicked the Get button and it asks for me to verify my Microsoft account. I entered my email address in and password for the Microsoft account I had made before. It comes back with an error saying "Oops, something went wrong. Service unavailable" (no error code).

Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error LMIw4.png

Followed by:

Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error qUqMx.png

When I try again "later" the same thing appears. This has been going on for about a month so definitely something wrong on my end.

I tried to use another email address, creating a new Microsoft account from that and I get this "Something went wrong, please try again later 0x80190005". I tried to look up this error code but there is not much information out there from google.

Problem

The main problem is not being able to log in to the Microsoft Store. When I goto microsoft.com and log in to my account, it lets me log in without any issues.

What I have tried

• I have tried making a new account as stated under my scenario with a different email address. I have tried going to Internet Options > Advanced > turning on SSL3.0, TLS1.0, TLS1.1, TLS1.2 as suggested on several sites. SSL2.0 does not appear in my list even though suggested to enable but since not in my list, I can not turn it on of course.
    • I have tried deleting the contents of the two folders:
      C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore and C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download as suggested as well. It deletes the contents of Download no problem but states that the files under the DataStore folder are in use.
    • I have verified that Windows Firewall is indeed turned on.
    • My time and date are accurate (some suggested this as well)
    • My account I am logged in as is Admin, has a PIN and password set up on it (some suggested using a PIN to fix this)

So as you can see, I have tried everything I could find out there and I am still unable to download anything from the Microsoft Store. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Also let me know if you need any other information.

Eric F, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error

Login Error - Wrong Microsoft Account Listed

I'm not sure how this happened, but my laptop shows the administrator account with the wrong email address, which does not belong to me, and I have no idea what the password is for that account. The laptop will not allow me to restore unless I have the
    right credentials. I cannot access the settings or the start menu without first logging in. Since I do not have the password, I cannot login. I can't afford to lose my programs and files. Any suggestions on how to login using a different account that is
    not listed?

dbspikes67, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error

1. Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.: recently i changed my PIN cause i forgot it and now i'm ALWAYS getting an error saying 'Something went wrong with your pin' and it asks me to restart but still the PIN doesn't work. Now I am UNABLE to use my PIN. Is there any solution to this?...
  3. Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 'Something Went Wrong With Your PIN' on login.: recently i changed my PIN cause i forgot it and now i'm ALWAYS getting an error saying 'Something went wrong with your pin' and it asks me to restart but still the PIN doesn't work. Now I am UNABLE to use my PIN. Is there any solution to this?...
  4. Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error: Hiii, help me please. I cannot log onto my new computer for the life of me, every since it turned itself off. Its running Microsoft 10, but every time I try to log in with my email at the lockscreen, it will load and then display an error message. It says to check my account...
  5. Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong with your microsoft account - Log in error: Hiii, help me please. I cannot log onto my new computer for the life of me, every since it turned itself off. Its running Microsoft 10, but every time I try to log in with my email at the lockscreen, it will load and then display an error message. It says to check my account...
  6. we tried to sign in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we tried to sign in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong.: I recently purchased minecraft for windows ten and whenever i try to sign into my account in order to play minecraft realms with my friends all I receive is an error message stating "we tried to sign in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong."...
  7. Microsoft account says something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account says something went wrong: I just updated my laptop to windows 10, 1909 and when I try to sign in using my Microsoft account it says something went wrong and I can't even access Microsoft store...
  8. "Oops, something went wrong" when trying to log in with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Oops, something went wrong" when trying to log in with Microsoft Account: I think after the last update I noticed that my account is actually set to local. When I try to log in with Microsoft account instead I get the error "Oops, something went wrong" . As a result my Microsoft Store also give error that I need internet connection eventho I'm...
  9. Error: Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error: Something went wrong: I can't upload photos from my iphone 10 into the photos app on windows 10. Half of the time it can't find anything on the phone, and then when it does it starts uploading and immediately I get an error message saying "something went wrong"...
  10. Something Went Wrong Error on Log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something Went Wrong Error on Log in: I am getting this error message: Something Went wrong Error, try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/something-went-wrong-error-on-log-in/420281dc-e314-4b6b-9510-0223b741776c