Windows 10: Something wrong with TaskScheduler and Authorities

Discus and support Something wrong with TaskScheduler and Authorities in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I first setup Win10 I didn't realize that the email I was being asked for was going to be the logon for the machine. So shortly after I realized... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CityguyUSA, May 30, 2019.

1. Something wrong with TaskScheduler and Authorities

When I first setup Win10 I didn't realize that the email I was being asked for was going to be the logon for the machine. So shortly after I realized what had happened I changed it from email to a local account (this is no AD) just a home network.

I didn't have any problems setting up my backups and scheduling them using my local account which was Todd. It wasn't until I went back into the scheduled backups to make some minor changes that I couldn't seem to update them using my name. I kept getting an error message telling me:

Something wrong with TaskScheduler and Authorities 8c230219-fd5a-425d-9a61-8dd53b7bed84?upload=true.jpg

I know it is because it's the same one I logon with everyday. Anyways clicked on the drop down beside the User Name:

Something wrong with TaskScheduler and Authorities 34cf8ec6-dc40-4318-9068-a1ecf6db58bb?upload=true.jpg

As you can see my Local account name does not show in the list yet it's prepopulated in the field. If I try to select my email from the list and put in the password I get the same error as the first one:

But more interesting are the other 2 names in the list. I have no idea what they are or how they got there. After I realized that I wasn't going to be able to update these existing tasks I just exported them and deleted them figuring I could reimport them and maybe my local account would work but no such luck I can't even import them. I'm essentially locked out of making any changes in the TaskScheduler and no I don't want to rebuild the computer I just did that.

I hope someone out there has an answer for this.

:)

CityguyUSA, May 30, 2019
  2. wase4711 Win User

no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder

I have no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder..any suggestions on how to get the icon to show up?
    thanks!

wase4711, May 30, 2019
  3. The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation.

Hi Dinny,

Error "The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation" may occur due to a system file corruption. For us to properly
    assist you, provide more information by answering these questions:

• May we know what prompted you to install UC browser?
    • Are you using a local or Microsoft account to sign in on your computer?
    • Aside from using Malwarebytes Adwcleaner, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 30, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Something wrong with TaskScheduler and Authorities

no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder

Hi! And welcome to the forum. Can you post a screenshot of the first display you see when you start Task Scheduler"? Thanks.

And P.S. - Update your system specs with as much detail as possible. It helps anyone trying to help you.

f14tomcat, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Something wrong with TaskScheduler and Authorities

1. Something wrong with TaskScheduler and Authorities - Similar Threads - Something wrong TaskScheduler

2. Something wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something wrong: So I deleted an account that I was on in the lock screen because I had cmd prompt in th lock menu and now it won't let me change accounts and everytime I try to login it says "the user profile service failed the sign in user profile cannot be loaded" and then when I press ok...
  3. Something wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something wrong: So I deleted an account that I was on in the lock screen because I had cmd prompt in th lock menu and now it won't let me change accounts and everytime I try to login it says "the user profile service failed the sign in user profile cannot be loaded" and then when I press ok...
  4. Something's wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's wrong: So I was charging my computer recently. It registered for a second that it was charging, and then didn't charge. I've tried switching cords. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somethings-wrong/c88de674-26d3-405b-958a-bd58bacbb6df
  5. Something's wrong

Something's wrong: So I was charging my computer recently. It registered for a second that it was charging, and then didn't charge. I've tried switching cords. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somethings-wrong/c88de674-26d3-405b-958a-bd58bacbb6df
  6. Something is wrong.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something is wrong.: Hello. I have a problem with Windows 10. I sent a screenshot. What I should do?You can see. I don't aim for Spotify, but the description of the app is still visible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-is-wrong/5bb6ee08-68c1-4b4c-aa86-9c9115f49b7f
  7. Something's wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something's wrong: Command prompt appears for a split second everytime i start my laptop.Not sure but i guess it only appears whenever i connect my laptop to internet after some time of starting it if i take some time to connect it,it doesn't appear. Checked all startup didn't find anything...
  8. is something wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is something wrong?: Today, I had opened up my PC. After I entered in the password, it showed something like I had just started up Windows for the first time. After I completed everything, my PC was back to normal. Was anything wrong? submitted by /u/TurtlezDaTurtle [link] [comments]...
  9. Something Wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something Wrong?: I already coming 3 month onedrive can't link at my laptop.... Pesonal drive can Busines and edu drive cannot At web side can login in can open everything ok Can't login in laptop only Personal login in not problem but not used becouse this my working laptop personal drive...
  10. somethings wrong

somethings wrong: hi I did the windows 10 update and it has made my laptop go crazy I am unable to watch any youtube the sound is fine but the picture breaks up into squares and starts moving backwards and forwards it aslso does it when I try to watch any anime's my laptop is a ADVENT...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there anything wrong with taskscheduler