Windows 10: Something wrong with Windows 10 Settings. Computer suddenly Locking itself in use

Discus and support Something wrong with Windows 10 Settings. Computer suddenly Locking itself in use in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, so here is my problem. For the past month, my computer now suddenly locks itself in use, for example, it locks itself during gaming, and using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RayMiranda, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Something wrong with Windows 10 Settings. Computer suddenly Locking itself in use

Hi, so here is my problem. For the past month, my computer now suddenly locks itself in use, for example, it locks itself during gaming, and using google. I troubleshooted the Power Setting and it said it fixed it. Tried out my Laptop afterwards, locked again. Please help.

:)

RayMiranda, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Something wrong with Windows 10 Settings. Computer suddenly Locking itself in use

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Something wrong with Windows 10 Settings. Computer suddenly Locking itself in use

1. Something wrong with Windows 10 Settings. Computer suddenly Locking itself in use - Similar Threads - Something wrong Settings

2. There's something wrong with my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    There's something wrong with my computer: 2021/ 11/ 8 16:02 Windows LiveKernelEvent 1d4 1: 0 2: 5 3ffffbf0a0cb1f900 4: 0 10_0_19042 0_0 768_1 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.99 ID2052 IDLKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_5_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump...
  3. There's something wrong with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's something wrong with my computer: 2021/ 11/ 8 16:02 Windows LiveKernelEvent 1d4 1: 0 2: 5 3ffffbf0a0cb1f900 4: 0 10_0_19042 0_0 768_1 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.99 ID2052 IDLKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_5_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump...
  4. There's something wrong with my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Locking itself Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Locking itself Automatically: HP EliteBook 745 G6 Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.928 keeps locking itself while charging and does not show any errors just a splash blue screen which appears for almost 3 seconds ,even if its idle or just typing MSword or doing other staff....
  6. Windows 10 locked computer by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 locked computer by itself: My HP Envy x360 locked up by itself while launching a game, i know the game wasn't a virus because it was Minecraft: Java edition but may be something else, please let me know if this is a virus or a windows error, Thank you!...
  7. There is something wrong with my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is something wrong with my computer.: here again, begging for help because i am not the best at computer science. i know something about software but not too much about hardware. Ok so. Couple of weeks ago i took my ramstick out (8gb) and after that my computer has been working really poorly. The OS has been...
  8. Windows 10 Something went wrong family settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Something went wrong family settings: So I logged in to my girlfriends account, having her join my family to see if she could play minecraft on my xbox. I fixed the xbox issue but now on her laptop it says "ask an adult in your family if you can use:" when trying to get on chrome but when I do "Something went...
  9. Computer randomly locks itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer randomly locks itself: Why is this happening and how do I stop it? Pc randomly comes up with this after a short period of time [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-locks-itself/9bc5c3d1-3d56-4b26-b805-82144c850cda
  10. Is something wrong with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is something wrong with Windows 10?: On all my computers, I downloaded the updater from microsoft website. It showed me that I am not using the latest version of Windows 10, so I used this updater tool, but it will just Download Windows, then Verify and then Download again, and then show me an Error code. The...