Windows 10: Something wrong with windows defender

Discus and support Something wrong with windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi:I don't know what happened to my windows defender suddenly found the icons inside the program has changedto rectangular shape anyone know about... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Un Complete, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Something wrong with windows defender

Hi:I don't know what happened to my windows defender suddenly found the icons inside the program has changedto rectangular shape anyone know about that.

:)

Un Complete, Aug 6, 2022

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 6, 2022
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Something wrong with windows defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Something wrong with windows defender

1. Something wrong with windows defender - Similar Threads - Something wrong defender

2. Something wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something wrong: So I deleted an account that I was on in the lock screen because I had cmd prompt in th lock menu and now it won't let me change accounts and everytime I try to login it says "the user profile service failed the sign in user profile cannot be loaded" and then when I press ok...
  3. Something wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something wrong: So I deleted an account that I was on in the lock screen because I had cmd prompt in th lock menu and now it won't let me change accounts and everytime I try to login it says "the user profile service failed the sign in user profile cannot be loaded" and then when I press ok...
  4. Something's wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's wrong: So I was charging my computer recently. It registered for a second that it was charging, and then didn't charge. I've tried switching cords. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somethings-wrong/c88de674-26d3-405b-958a-bd58bacbb6df
  5. Something's wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something's wrong: So I was charging my computer recently. It registered for a second that it was charging, and then didn't charge. I've tried switching cords. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somethings-wrong/c88de674-26d3-405b-958a-bd58bacbb6df
  6. Something Wrong With Windows

in Cortana
    Something Wrong With Windows: I have no words to describe what's wrong but all I can say is it's like someone is constantly pressing one of the arrow keys!Check Video Below I've done multiple virus checks, all of them showed nothing. This all started happening after I updated Windows to the newest...
  7. Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus.: It detects Utorront as PUA Potential Unwanted App while it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/something-is-wrong-with-the-microsoft-defender/10f32442-4568-4669-b0ea-82c50b97749c
  8. Something's wrong with my Windows Defender. It's..... Gone? It's nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something's wrong with my Windows Defender. It's..... Gone? It's nowhere.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TelepathicPsych [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxjbsq/somethings_wrong_with_my_windows_defender_its/
  9. Something Wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something Wrong?: I already coming 3 month onedrive can't link at my laptop.... Pesonal drive can Busines and edu drive cannot At web side can login in can open everything ok Can't login in laptop only Personal login in not problem but not used becouse this my working laptop personal drive...
  10. Something is very wrong with Windows Defender!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something is very wrong with Windows Defender!: Windows defender is acting weird in the recent updates, it doesn't acts normal to a threat it found - It was unable to remove it or even quarantine it, to be least. Most recently, when I had shared a OneDrive link to a friend, he reported that link was infected with...