Windows 10: Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.

Discus and support Something's not allowing my PC to sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I try to make my laptop sleep without closing the id, it sleeps for just 1 sec and then wakes up automatically. I used the lastwake cmd line, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AbhijithPradeep, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.

When I try to make my laptop sleep without closing the id, it sleeps for just 1 sec and then wakes up automatically.
    I used the lastwake cmd line, and found this:

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 1

Wake Source [0]

Type: Device

Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_12621025&REV_10\3&11583659&0&A0

Friendly Name: Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)

Description: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller

Manufacturer: Generic USB xHCI Host Controller

How do I solve this? I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51, running Windows 10 Home x64.

Thanks for help Something's not allowing my PC to sleep. :)

:)

AbhijithPradeep, Jan 26, 2019

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jan 26, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.

My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.

1. Something's not allowing my PC to sleep. - Similar Threads - Something's allowing sleep

2. Something is wrong with my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is wrong with my pc: So i have Radeon RX 560 and i need amd software for some reason for the drivers ,because if i unistall it the driver is also unistalled ,and amd software slows my pc using a lot of ram memory,now i also notice that i have a error for activating Windows the error code is...
  3. Something is wrong with my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something is wrong with my pc: So i have Radeon RX 560 and i need amd software for some reason for the drivers ,because if i unistall it the driver is also unistalled ,and amd software slows my pc using a lot of ram memory,now i also notice that i have a error for activating Windows the error code is...
  4. Something is wrong with my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I allowed a Zoom caller control over my PC. Has something happened?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I allowed a Zoom caller control over my PC. Has something happened?: Hello. Two years ago I asked a Unity Live Teacher to help me learn Unity. On our first call his webcam went off for about a minute and I was left to sit there wondering what was going on. He returned and continued the lesson. I did notice that the next few times I logged into...
  6. Something wrong with my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Something wrong with my pc: I was doing alright with my PC but when I would play video games such as FORTNITE when loading it a pop-up would say things like you have an outdated driver. I would ignore it but my friend told me to deal with it. I then decided to deal with it and go on NVIDIA I have an...
  7. Something wrong with my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something wrong with my pc: I was doing alright with my PC but when I would play video games such as FORTNITE when loading it a pop-up would say things like you have an outdated driver. I would ignore it but my friend told me to deal with it. I then decided to deal with it and go on NVIDIA I have an...
  8. Something wrong with my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. something is wrong with my pc...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    something is wrong with my pc...: my pc bluescreened, and as every windows user i freaked out. it rebooted and everything was fine. this was last week. my specs are good, 1070 and a ryzen 7, 16 gb of ram. now today it bluescreened again and i thought it would come back, but when it did everything was gone and...
  10. Something keeps trying to add a toolbar when my PC sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Something keeps trying to add a toolbar when my PC sleeps: I use a Windows 10 laptop that sits on my desk in an isolated office. Connected to this device is a mouse, a keyboard, and two external monitors. When I'm done for the day, I close the lid and shut the office door. No living, moving animal or human remains inside. When I...