Windows 10: somethings prevent me to download the October update.

Discus and support somethings prevent me to download the October update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm an insider. Release preview. I attempted to check the update and it keeps: "Feature update to windows 10, version 1809. downloading 0%->pending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LêDũng1, Oct 24, 2018.

1. LêDũng1 Win User

somethings prevent me to download the October update.

I'm an insider. Release preview. I attempted to check the update and it keeps: "Feature update to windows 10, version 1809. downloading 0%->pending install->we can't install some updates because some updates are in progress. Restart your computer may help...

The update has been downloaded to 100% yesterday, and now it keep like this.

Anyone can help? I have read the blog of John Cable and I think the October update is safe to download now.

:)

LêDũng1, Oct 24, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond somethings prevent me to download the October update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 24, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. somethings prevent me to download the October update. - Similar Threads - somethings prevent download

2. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download button is preventing me from checking for updates: for a while now there has been an optional update that no matter how many times i "installed" it, it would always reappear.now however, it says that it is ready to download and showing me the download button. but when i click that button, nothing happens well, the button...
  3. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download button is preventing me from checking for updates: for a while now there has been an optional update that no matter how many times i "installed" it, it would always reappear.now however, it says that it is ready to download and showing me the download button. but when i click that button, nothing happens well, the button...
  4. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something: Whenever I download something it tells me to open it up with something I just want to open it up regularly[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-download-something-it-tells-me-to-open/7c96d9bb-bdff-4c90-9ac2-9dec89f213a3
  6. How can I prevent the Windows 10 October Update from being downloaded again?

How can I prevent the Windows 10 October Update from being downloaded again?: The Windows 10 October update did not work on my computer at all. I was able to uninstall it and revert to an earlier version of Windows 10. I currently have updates paused, but it says that after 12/23/2020 updates will resume. How can I prevent the October Windows 10 update...
  7. October 2020 update stuck on downloading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    October 2020 update stuck on downloading: Since when the preview for the October 2020 update has arrived I am facing this issue. I couldn't install preview update so I ignored it. It was continuously failing to apply after downloading and installing 100%. Now that the cumulative update for October 2020 has arrived...
  8. something weird preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    something weird preventing shutdown: something called 4D4C was preventing my PC from shutting down, the application had no icon and i cant find anything about it anywhere, could this be malware? submitted by /u/FoxPUBG [link] [comments]...
  9. October update downgraded me to Windows Home

October update downgraded me to Windows Home: I upgraded my Windows Home license a month ago to Windows Professional, however when the October update installed I got automatically downgraded to Windows Home again and had to upgrade manually to professionally again, with all the consequences like my professional-only...
  10. How to prevent downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent downloading updates?: While I do know it is Microsoft's policy to automatically update Windows, I would really appreciate some control of my own PC, and I alone decide when (and if) I want to download updates. I also happen to have a Tronsmart mini-PC which doesn't have much computing power,...