Windows 10: something's wrong with my desktop's audio

Discus and support something's wrong with my desktop's audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; recently, i bought a new desktop (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06693646) and noticed that there is distortion when i use my bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snurglez_, Mar 8, 2021.

1. something's wrong with my desktop's audio

recently, i bought a new desktop (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06693646) and noticed that there is distortion when i use my bluetooth headphones (sony wh-h900n). at first, i thought it had to do with my headphones, but when i connected them to my laptop (https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/...op/inspiron-15-3521_reference guide_en-us.pdf), there wasn't any distortion. not only that, but when i connect them with a cord to my desktop, there also isn't any distortion, so it has to be an issue with bluetooth. i've tried reinstalling my drivers, but to no avail.

if anybody has any advice, lmk!

submitted by /u/Snurglez_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snurglez_, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 8, 2021
  4. something's wrong with my desktop's audio

Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

something's wrong with my desktop's audio

1. something's wrong with my desktop's audio - Similar Threads - something's wrong desktop's

2. There's something wrong with my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There's something wrong with my pc: Recently, my PC kept crashingBSOD or just the app itself while I'm playing gamesDota 2, Genshin impact. I checked the temp of CPU using core temp while playing and it is w/in the normal range, so I ruled that out. Then, I tried cleaning the computer, checked for loose wires,...
  3. something is wrong with my passwords!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something is wrong with my passwords!: I just had the scare of my life! Just a few minutes ago, the passwords for every account I have just stopped working. This is for email, social media, discord, everything....... I changed my email password and got through there, but I didn't want to do this for every single...
  4. Something wrong with my pc

Something wrong with my pc: I was doing alright with my PC but when I would play video games such as FORTNITE when loading it a pop-up would say things like you have an outdated driver. I would ignore it but my friend told me to deal with it. I then decided to deal with it and go on NVIDIA I have an...
  5. Something is wrong with my windows

Something is wrong with my windows: I was trying to reset my windows, per usual, as i do this regularly like every year. You know, restarting through this feature :But this time, when i tried to reset, it appears to not be able to do such thing. After choosing the option to download windows or install it...
  6. There's something wrong with my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    There's something wrong with my computer: 2021/ 11/ 8 16:02 Windows LiveKernelEvent 1d4 1: 0 2: 5 3ffffbf0a0cb1f900 4: 0 10_0_19042 0_0 768_1 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.99 ID2052 IDLKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_5_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump...
  7. There's something wrong with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's something wrong with my computer: 2021/ 11/ 8 16:02 Windows LiveKernelEvent 1d4 1: 0 2: 5 3ffffbf0a0cb1f900 4: 0 10_0_19042 0_0 768_1 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.99 ID2052 IDLKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_5_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump...
  8. There is Something Wrong With My Headphone Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is Something Wrong With My Headphone Audio: So I was on a call on discord with my friend while I played a game and during the call I unplugged my headphones to switch it to my headphone jack on my mic but it just interfered with the call so I plugged it back into my computer and after the call I tried watching a...
  9. My desktop has something wrong with it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My desktop has something wrong with it...: I have a desktop computer with a ethernet cable going to the wall ethernet port. I get about 300mb/s and evryrhing works fine except that it random drops to like 0 bytes/s or playing games it discconects me and reconnects me. Why is my desktop keep losing connection and...
  10. Is there something wrong with my SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there something wrong with my SSD?: So I am trying to decompress a zip file, and when I have it on my D drive (a old school normal hdd) and have it set to decompress onto my C drive (My SSD) why does it seem to extract much slower than just going from D to D drive? I've even had the pc softlock before during...