Windows 10: Something's wrong with my Windows Defender. It's..... Gone? It's nowhere.

Discus and support Something's wrong with my Windows Defender. It's..... Gone? It's nowhere. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TelepathicPsych [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TelepathicPsych, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Something's wrong with my Windows Defender. It's..... Gone? It's nowhere.

/u/TelepathicPsych, Jul 25, 2020
  2. sapped1 Win User

Is something wrong with my processor?

I've also tried to look at the temperature reading in my BIOS/UEFI like Caring1 suggested.

My room temperature is just 19°C and after opening my motherboard BIOS/UEFI, After 5 min it shows the CPU temp to be 55°C while the M/B is 35°C

I don't even know what to think of it now, either the sensor is being whacky or something seriously wrong with my system...

sapped1, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Error Code 0x800106ba

I have done all this. When I go to try and find Windows Defender in the second step there is no Windows Defender listed. Windows Essentials is still listed and it wont let me uninstall it because it will also uninstall other apps.

So now what do you suggest. I still cant get my Windows Defender to work right and feel my computer is unprotected.

This has been that way ever since downloading Windows 10. Which seems to have problems after problems. I dont care for it all. Microsoft real needs to get all bugs worked out before releasing something. I waiting as long as I could to download this.

KaySigmund, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Something's wrong with my Windows Defender. It's..... Gone? It's nowhere.

Cortana - Constant "Something Went Wrong"

So every search I do with Cortana returns "Something Went Wrong". I have websearch turned off because I don't want to use websearches, I just want to search my machine.

Here is an example typed into the cortana search box "Firewall Settings"... I get "something went wrong" and a list of suggestions of "other places to look"... one of those is settings... if I go to settings and type "Firewall Settings" it finds what I want
    right away.

Why can't Cortana?

JHyerXPS13, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Something's wrong with my Windows Defender. It's..... Gone? It's nowhere.

1. Something's wrong with my Windows Defender. It's..... Gone? It's nowhere. - Similar Threads - Something's wrong Defender

2. Windows update says: something has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update says: something has gone wrong: Hey fellow people, when i woke up this morning and went to my windows update on my pc it says that something has gone wrong, try opening settings later.I opened trouble shooter for windows update and it also said this: "Some security settings are missing or have been changed"...
  3. Windows update says: something has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update says: something has gone wrong: Hey fellow people, when i woke up this morning and went to my windows update on my pc it says that something has gone wrong, try opening settings later.I opened trouble shooter for windows update and it also said this: "Some security settings are missing or have been changed"...
  4. Something wrong with windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something wrong with windows defender: Hi:I don't know what happened to my windows defender suddenly found the icons inside the program has changedto rectangular shape anyone know about that....
  5. Something is wrong with my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is wrong with my windows: I was trying to reset my windows, per usual, as i do this regularly like every year. You know, restarting through this feature :But this time, when i tried to reset, it appears to not be able to do such thing. After choosing the option to download windows or install it...
  6. Something is wrong with my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something is wrong with my windows: I was trying to reset my windows, per usual, as i do this regularly like every year. You know, restarting through this feature :But this time, when i tried to reset, it appears to not be able to do such thing. After choosing the option to download windows or install it...
  7. Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus.

Something is wrong with the Microsoft Defender Antivirus.: It detects Utorront as PUA Potential Unwanted App while it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/something-is-wrong-with-the-microsoft-defender/10f32442-4568-4669-b0ea-82c50b97749c
  8. Something wrong with my windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something wrong with my windows: recently I had repaired my windowsand this appears when I plug in my computerI had run the "sfc /scannow" command with command promptand it said a problem was found and fixed.but today this problem appear again I don't remember if this RunDLL shows same problem before and...
  9. Something is very wrong with Windows Defender!

Something is very wrong with Windows Defender!: Windows defender is acting weird in the recent updates, it doesn't acts normal to a threat it found - It was unable to remove it or even quarantine it, to be least. Most recently, when I had shared a OneDrive link to a friend, he reported that link was infected with...
  10. I Reset My PC And Something Has Gone Wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I Reset My PC And Something Has Gone Wrong: So Basically I Reset My Computer Because I Was Thinking Of Selling It. When All Of A Sudden When Its Finished And Loads Theres A "Other User" With A Password I Am Not Familiar With And Dont Know..Is This Normal?.....