Windows 10: "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer

Discus and support "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I went to a folder in my Downloads, and the folders last modified date was 7/21/2185. I did not modify the folder in any way, please tell me what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrEpic9000, Oct 15, 2020.

1. "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer

Today I went to a folder in my Downloads, and the folders last modified date was 7/21/2185. I did not modify the folder in any way, please tell me what is going on! "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer d87eeee3-d2c8-43ad-8153-36ab19efe52e?upload=true.png

:)

MrEpic9000, Oct 15, 2020

2. File explorer

Actually the problem remains but I can get around it. When I left click "File Explorer" the window comes up with the message "working on it" and after a few seconds " File Explorer(Not Responding)". But if I right click, amenu appears with the list of the
    most recent & frequent files/folders I have opened. I just left click on any of the files/folders listed and I opened it and can then navigate thru all my folders and files. I am pretty illiterate in IT issues. I leave to you, the IT wizards, to figure it
    out. Kept your suggestion in a special forlder for future use. Thanks again.

JCT

Jean-ClaudeT., Oct 15, 2020
  3. File explorer

Actually the problem remains but I can get around it. When I left click "File Explorer" the window comes up with the message "working on it" and after a few seconds " File Explorer(Not Responding)". But if I right click, amenu appears with the list of the
    most recent & frequent files/folders I have opened. I just left click on any of the files/folders listed and I opened it and can then navigate thru all my folders and files. I am pretty illiterate in IT issues. I leave to you, the IT wizards, to figure it
    out. Kept your suggestion in a special forlder for future use. Thanks again.

JCT

Jean-ClaudeT., Oct 15, 2020
  4. "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer

FIle Explorer not Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As you said that you are not able to open File Explorer, could you please provide the following information to understand the subject better.

• How are you accessing File Explorer?
    • What happens when you open file Explorer?
    I suggest you to press the Windows key + E to directly open File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

"Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer

1. "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer - Similar Threads - Sometime future appearing

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File Explorer sometimes closes overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer sometimes closes overnight: Every few days or so, when I wake up my laptop in the morning, File Explorer will have closed. It's not a big deal to reopen it sometimes I've had a couple of instances of it open and had to navigate back to those folders, but I'd like to figure out why it does this. It's...
  6. File Explorer sometimes closes overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer sometimes closes overnight: Every few days or so, when I wake up my laptop in the morning, File Explorer will have closed. It's not a big deal to reopen it sometimes I've had a couple of instances of it open and had to navigate back to those folders, but I'd like to figure out why it does this. It's...
  7. File Explorer sometimes closes overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer Folders are sometimes empty

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folders are sometimes empty: Hi, I have been having problems opening folders. Sometimes they are empty. Properties show 0kb. Where have my files that were in the folders gone?? Just now I tried to open an excel and got big red X "This file does not have an app associated with it . . . Please install an...
  9. File Explorer Freezes Sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Freezes Sometimes: Hello,Yesterday (24-Jan-2020) installed update KB4534321.Today I noticed that sometimes windows file explorer freezes.Tried to close its window in the taskbar, once it worked, reopened, it was frozen. Rebooted computer, now it works.Does this update causing the trouble or...
  10. Future of Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Future of Internet Explorer: Hi, I got confused about Microsoft Edge vs Internet Explorer. Is Edge engine based on IE's? / Does Edge depends on IE? Will IE still be developed or it has been discontinued? IE API can be used in 3rd party apps: Windows Scripting Host, as an embedded app, ... What now?...