Windows 10: Sometime Unable to wake up the PC(windows 10) from sleep after the windows update

Discus and support Sometime Unable to wake up the PC(windows 10) from sleep after the windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using asus zenbook 13. after updating the windows sometime I unable to wake up the pc from sleep mode. I have to press and hold the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaxySpark, Apr 28, 2019.

1. MaxySpark Win User

Sometime Unable to wake up the PC(windows 10) from sleep after the windows update

I am using asus zenbook 13. after updating the windows sometime I unable to wake up the pc from sleep mode.

I have to press and hold the power button to force shutdown.

Sometime Unable to wake up the PC(windows 10) from sleep after the windows update eec5d4c3-9ea7-42a4-b7a3-7652a3b67249?upload=true.png

:)

MaxySpark, Apr 28, 2019

2. Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 28, 2019
  4. zsolt_93 Win User

Sometime Unable to wake up the PC(windows 10) from sleep after the windows update

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

Windows update? Disk defrag? Had this happen to me on win 8 with the defrag scheduler, waking up in the middle of the night with the pc started. Maybe Win 10 introduced a lot more scheduled things.

zsolt_93, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Sometime Unable to wake up the PC(windows 10) from sleep after the windows update - Similar Threads - Sometime Unable wake

2. Windows 11 unable to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to wake up from sleep: Started about a week ago, my computer stopped waking up from sleep. Whenever I uses mouse, keyboard, or the power button to "wake" it up, the fan revvs up for a couple of seconds, but then it dies down, and the power LED remains blinking and the screen remains black. Nothing...
  3. Windows 11 unable to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 unable to wake up from sleep: Started about a week ago, my computer stopped waking up from sleep. Whenever I uses mouse, keyboard, or the power button to "wake" it up, the fan revvs up for a couple of seconds, but then it dies down, and the power LED remains blinking and the screen remains black. Nothing...
  4. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  5. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  6. Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping: Winver = 2004, 19041.685 I set my PC to sleep after 5 mins of inactivity. If my PC sleeps, and I attempt to wake it up soon afterwards, I notice that sometimes the PC cannot be woken up, and I have to depress the PC's power button and keep it held in for about 5 seconds to...
  7. Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.: What is causing this to occur? I can't pin down any circumstances that make it work or not. Sometimes if I hit a key on the keyboard, it will wake the PC, other times not. But clicking the mouse always wakes it. And the mouse is plugged in to the keyboard, then there are two...
  8. Windows sometimes waking up immediately after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows sometimes waking up immediately after sleep: This occasionally occurs after manually setting the pc to sleep. Does anyone know why this happens or if there is a way to fix the issue? submitted by /u/Conells [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro, After waking up from sleep mode sometimes my NIC card is unable to connect...: Hi all I have been having this annoying problem for quite a few years but always neglected to create a support/community post figuring I could use other articles would solve the issue. I have gone through a few steps already which I would think would solve my issue however,...
  10. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes: I have a machine that has developed a peculiar issue only since going to 1809: occasionally when the display (Dell UltraSharp U2713HM) goes to sleep, it won't wake no matter what I do locally or remotely (via RDP or TeamViewer). It's interesting that the most recent patch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to wake up after windows 1903 update