Windows 10: Sometimes an unnamed app prevebts shutdown

Discus and support Sometimes an unnamed app prevebts shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; An unnamed app with the default icon sometimes prevents my system from shutting down...is this normal or something to worry about? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spxxctrzz, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Sometimes an unnamed app prevebts shutdown

An unnamed app with the default icon sometimes prevents my system from shutting down...is this normal or something to worry about?

submitted by /u/Spxxctrzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spxxctrzz, Jun 17, 2020

2. shutdown - unnamed app still running

When I shut down Windows 10 on my laptop, it says I have an app running and that I should finish the task, save my work and close the app. It does not say which app is causing this. I suspect the unnamed app is something in google Chrome that causes this.
    If, on shutdown page, I hit cancel, open Chrome again and hit the x and close Chrome, then shut down my laptop, the shut down works properly.

AndrewThe Author, Jun 17, 2020
  3. People app suddenly shows all contacts as "Unnamed"

My wife got a Samsung Windows 7 phone, and the guy in the AT&T store helped import her contacts from her gmail and yahoo email accounts. Suddenly -- I think after the next time she did a synch -- all the contacts appear as "Unnamed". The names and numbers
    are there, but the listing is useless since every entry appears as Unnamed.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Alan Zaitchik, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Sometimes an unnamed app prevebts shutdown

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Sometimes an unnamed app prevebts shutdown

1. Sometimes an unnamed app prevebts shutdown - Similar Threads - Sometimes unnamed app

2. An unnamed app which can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An unnamed app which can't be uninstalled: When I checked the Apps in Settings, I found a 565GB unnamed app, later when i restarted the laptop the app's name was in Chinese, and when I closed the Settings and came back it was the unnamed app again. Can someone please tell me how I can get rid of this app?...
  3. An unnamed app which can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An unnamed app which can't be uninstalled: When I checked the Apps in Settings, I found a 565GB unnamed app, later when i restarted the laptop the app's name was in Chinese, and when I closed the Settings and came back it was the unnamed app again. Can someone please tell me how I can get rid of this app?...
  4. An unnamed app which can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The unnamed exe. app when restarting: when i restart, theres a warning "this app is not letting you restart" and theres an app unnamed " "is that a threat? topic is random becuse idk what is it...
  6. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The unnamed exe. app when restarting: when i restart, theres a warning "this app is not letting you restart" and theres an app unnamed " "is that a threat? topic is random becuse idk what is it...
  7. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unnamed Apps Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unnamed Apps Windows 10: I have either one or two unnamed and unknown apps, as seen on the screenshots of the apps list and the start up apps list. The one in the apps list has its options greyed out. The one in the start up list Program I have turned off. This one is not shown amongst the apps in...
  9. unnamed apps in Windows 10 Apps and Features, are they factory apps?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unnamed apps in Windows 10 Apps and Features, are they factory apps?: I found 5 unnamed apps in my SONY VAIO laptop. I am not sure they are factory installed or some other programs installed. They seem have certificates although suspicious. Can I uninstall them? will my laptop work after removing these apps? Thanks.[IMG][IMG]...
  10. Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown: Hello there, I am facing this issue for about 4 days from now, my laptop restarts randomly and sometimes it shutdown automatically even when i am working or playing a game on it. I searched for this error and got a lot of suggestions, but nothing worked. For example. The...