Windows 10: Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select.

Discus and support Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What happened: Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select. It is called "Azerbaijani". I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Liz Hollow, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select.

What happened: Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select. It is called "Azerbaijani". I noticed that an unnecessary keyboard layout appears immediately after changing the input language. System: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz RAM 16.0 GB B550 AORUS ELITE V2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Samsung SSD 860 PRO 256GR Windows 11 Home 22H2I am bilingual - my mother tongue and English.What tried to do: I tried to use a different keyboard shortcut, a different keyboard. I downloaded special programs for my keyboard. To remove the language I don'

:)

Liz Hollow, Nov 30, 2022
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select.

?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select.

1. Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select. - Similar Threads - Sometimes another language

2. Windows 11 + sometimes extra keyboard layouts appear in language selection toolbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 + sometimes extra keyboard layouts appear in language selection toolbar: In the language selection taskbar bottom right many times extra keyboard layouts appear, slowing down the language shifting process when typing.As an example, as you can see in the screenshots, the "English United Kingdom layout is shown in the toolbar, even though it should...
  3. Windows 11 + sometimes extra keyboard layouts appear in language selection toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 + sometimes extra keyboard layouts appear in language selection toolbar: In the language selection taskbar bottom right many times extra keyboard layouts appear, slowing down the language shifting process when typing.As an example, as you can see in the screenshots, the "English United Kingdom layout is shown in the toolbar, even though it should...
  4. Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select.

Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select.: What happened: Sometimes another language randomly appears in the list of languages that I did not select. It is called "Azerbaijani". I noticed that an unnecessary keyboard layout appears immediately after changing the input language. System: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core...
  5. Random languages popping up in the language select menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random languages popping up in the language select menu: Every time I install Windows 10 or 11 on my laptop, English from random countries pops up in the language select menu, and it really pisses me off. I can't even delete/uninstall them using the settings app. Here are the screenshots....
  6. Random languages popping up in the language select menu

Random languages popping up in the language select menu: Every time I install Windows 10 or 11 on my laptop, English from random countries pops up in the language select menu, and it really pisses me off. I can't even delete/uninstall them using the settings app. Here are the screenshots....
  7. Random languages in language selector

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random languages in language selector: Hi,Windows keeps adding random languages to my language selector. These are languages I did not select anywhere.I want EnglishUnited States to my default one and I want also Hungarian so I can switch between them with Win+Space.Some info:pic 1 Here you can see only 2...
  8. Phantom languages in my language list

Phantom languages in my language list: When I open the language list on the toolbar, I have four languages listed, but I should only have two, because I only have English in the language preferences settings, and I chose two keyboards for English, US and INTL. The other two languages showing are Hebrew and...
  9. Office apps appear in another language

Office apps appear in another language: I have the micrsoft surface pro 6 and my default language is english but i also added a german keyboard. But half of my microsoft apps appear in german while the others still appear in english. I would love to have all of them in English. But i cant seem to figure out how to...
  10. Inputs randomly appearing in the language bar

Inputs randomly appearing in the language bar: Hello, I keep having getting random keyboard inputs added to the language bar, cluttering the things to the point where it`s annoying to use. It happens on both my laptops and desktop. Even after a clean reinstall of Windows on both machines, the issue persists. Sometimes...