Windows 10: SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows

Discus and support SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm helping a friend who just built a computer. Install went fine. I watched as the computer was restarted many times to apply all the latest updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mike Benton 01110, Apr 2, 2023.

1. SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows

I'm helping a friend who just built a computer. Install went fine. I watched as the computer was restarted many times to apply all the latest updates. He did a normal shutdown because he wanted to look at something in the BIOS menu. After only view the BIOS menu, he did a restart and now it won't load Windows. It sees the drive. A self-test says the drive is fine. If I boot to a bootable USB drive, I can get a DOS prompt and see the C: drive. After about an hour of many restarts, I went home and he text me 10 minutes later and said it booted to Windows. Then after another restart, it won't boo

:)

Mike Benton 01110, Apr 2, 2023
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Apr 2, 2023
  3. nmrm Win User
    computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

nmrm, Apr 2, 2023
  4. erixx Win User

SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows

1. SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows - Similar Threads - SOMETIMES computer won't

2. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot: Computer just won't boot, still able to access bios but that's is, can't get to safe mode or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot/1d517481-eb9b-4f82-9245-2c8cfb908b4e
  3. Windows won't boot, 0xc000000F error sometimes appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot, 0xc000000F error sometimes appears: I had this issue a week or so ago, i tried restarting my computer a million times, it would just show a loading screen infinitely. Occasionally it would show the error code above, 0xc000000F, and give me 4 options, of which only BIOS options worked. Recovery and safe...
  4. Windows won't boot, 0xc000000F error sometimes appears

Windows won't boot, 0xc000000F error sometimes appears: I had this issue a week or so ago, i tried restarting my computer a million times, it would just show a loading screen infinitely. Occasionally it would show the error code above, 0xc000000F, and give me 4 options, of which only BIOS options worked. Recovery and safe...
  5. SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows: I'm helping a friend who just built a computer. Install went fine. I watched as the computer was restarted many times to apply all the latest updates. He did a normal shutdown because he wanted to look at something in the BIOS menu. After only view the BIOS menu, he did a...
  6. SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows

SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows: I'm helping a friend who just built a computer. Install went fine. I watched as the computer was restarted many times to apply all the latest updates. He did a normal shutdown because he wanted to look at something in the BIOS menu. After only view the BIOS menu, he did a...
  7. Windows sometimes won't boot because of secondary HDD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows sometimes won't boot because of secondary HDD.: Hello everyone, I have been trying to figure this one out for some time now, but I just can't find any solution except getting a new HDD. Sometimes my PC will get stuck on spinny points boot screen. Even when trying to boot into the recovery mode it just gets stuck at a...
  8. Windows 10 sometimes won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 sometimes won't boot: I have an Asus GL502VM laptop with dual boot (Ubuntu and W10). When I turn on the pc it shows Ubuntu's GRUB, where I choose to boot W10. The problem is the following, one time it boots properly and the following it doesn't. When it doesn't boot it shows the monitor on, but...
  9. Sometimes computers boots with no sound.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes computers boots with no sound.: No matter what application I open, whether it be a video in an internet browser or a game, I can't hear anything. I then have to reboot my computer, to which everything works fine. I do not have a sound card. I have an HDMI cable connected straight to my graphics card. The...
  10. Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Boot: Recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go well. It was working fine I restarted a couple times and it all went well . I shut the computer down for about 20 minutes and when I tried to restart it I get nothing on the monitor. I can hear the hard drive start but...