Windows 10: Sometimes computers boots with no sound.

Discus and support Sometimes computers boots with no sound. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No matter what application I open, whether it be a video in an internet browser or a game, I can't hear anything. I then have to reboot my computer, to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AMDISBETTER, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Sometimes computers boots with no sound.

No matter what application I open, whether it be a video in an internet browser or a game, I can't hear anything. I then have to reboot my computer, to which everything works fine. I do not have a sound card. I have an HDMI cable connected straight to my graphics card. The problem only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 10.

:)

AMDISBETTER, Aug 13, 2015

2. Lumia 710 boots sometimes while charging

It does happen with lumia , don't know for what ?

apssays---01, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Puigchild Win User
    Lumia 710 boots sometimes while charging

Hi guys,

Thank you for your posts!

I have experienced this issue myself as well and started getting it after I re-inserting my SIM card. As the charger port is located directly above the SIM card slot, would it be possible that your SIM card has not been inserted properly or gotten loose?
    This may happen easily if you have cut the SIM card yourself.

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Sometimes computers boots with no sound.

At first glance, it would seem like the Sound (Audio) Driver is not correct for Windows 10 and sometimes it loads correctly and sometimes it does NOT. I'd be looking for an updated Sound Driver for your computer. (whatever that may be)

So far I've installed Windows 10 on a number of different PC's, both desktop and laptop, of different ages and I've had NO sound problems. The package of drivers that comes with Windows 10 is the best I've ever seen, and I've been at this stuff since even before MS Windows was invented.
    I thought the driver pack that came with Windows 8.1 was good, but the pack that comes with Windows 10 (Pro) is even better.

You don't say anything about your computer, so without that info, making any specific suggestions is almost impossible.
    But, maybe you can go to the website of whoever made your computer and see if they have any specific Windows 10 sound drivers. I'd start there.

Good Luck!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Aug 13, 2015
  5. If you click "My System Specs" under my name all the information is there.

AMDISBETTER, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sometimes computers boots with no sound.

1. Sometimes computers boots with no sound. - Similar Threads - Sometimes computers boots

2. SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows: I'm helping a friend who just built a computer. Install went fine. I watched as the computer was restarted many times to apply all the latest updates. He did a normal shutdown because he wanted to look at something in the BIOS menu. After only view the BIOS menu, he did a...
  3. SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows: I'm helping a friend who just built a computer. Install went fine. I watched as the computer was restarted many times to apply all the latest updates. He did a normal shutdown because he wanted to look at something in the BIOS menu. After only view the BIOS menu, he did a...
  4. SOMETIMES computer won't boot to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes: On pc my sound is almost like choppy or stutters. I dont know what to do. It happens when I play games and listening to music. I dont have this kind of issue before. I just noticed it three days ago. I thought maybe it is my headset but when I use it on the other device it...
  6. Mi computer sometimes has sound and sometimes no

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mi computer sometimes has sound and sometimes no: I have an HP notebbok with Windows 10, i've tried everything and my computer doesn't have sound. When i plug the earphone it does but when i try to use the speakers from the notbeook it doesn't. I can't fix the problem, the other day it had sound i haven't don anything...
  7. Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS: Hello All! Really struggling with this problem. The last month I have been getting freezes. The event logs give me two critical errors when restarting from a freeze. 1. The device HID-compliant headset location unknown is offline due to a user-mode driver crash....
  8. Sometimes there is no sound of the notebook

Sometimes there is no sound of the notebook: Hi. My notebook sometimes don't produce sound. Normally I watch film, listen music etc, then I go to sleep mode, then I start the notebook and no sound. Anyone know the reason? KB 2962407 - this should do it and uninstalling should remove the problem, but unfortunately,...
  9. sometimes no sound

sometimes no sound: I have a HP pavilion Elite and when I stream CNBC I get sound but when I stream a local channel I don't get sound. I also get sound when using iTunes. I also get sound when streaming some other cable channels. I check control panel sounds and it says my devices are working...
  10. sound stop sometimes

sound stop sometimes: i listen to sound via my Asus monitor speakers (see my system specs). All works good, except when I pause the movie or skip to the next episode (on Netflix) the speaker is mute. that little green bar (see the screenshot) still will go up and down per the volume. so it looks...