Windows 10: Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't

Discus and support Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; using Excel 2016 and sticky keys; do not know if problem is present without sticky keys. Other key shortcuts work fine. This seems to happen after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jalea148, Sep 14, 2019.

1. jalea148 Win User

Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't

using Excel 2016 and sticky keys; do not know if problem is present without sticky keys. Other key shortcuts work fine. This seems to happen after doing a large paste from another spreadsheet. It does not happen every time.

:)

jalea148, Sep 14, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 25, 2019
  3. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Okay thanks. Didn't know that tool.
    It does list Ctrl+Shift+, 3 & 8. But it doesn't say what they're registered to. (And nothing seems to happen when I press them.)

The tool turns up a very short list, by the way, compared to the screenshots on that site. Just these three plus:
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+Delete
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+J (I know what this is from)
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+K (Kindle)
    Hot Key : Alt+F4

franklekens, Sep 25, 2019
  4. CezarGutu Win User

ctrl and shift not working

sorry that im writing without capslock but they stopped working. for some days my ctrl and shift dont work in the way they used to work and they need to work. for example ctrl c ctrl v ctrl a commands don't work. in my browser when i try to press shift
    and plus or shift and the line next to it it zooms in and out, sorry i cant show them because i can't use them like i said, also trying to shift plus letters works just on some like A, G. but for the rest of the letter it just does commands it doesnt make
    caps letters but random commands . pls i resally some help . thanks

CezarGutu, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't - Similar Threads - Sometimes CTRL+shift+ down

2. Cursor animations sometimes working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor animations sometimes working.: I just downloaded the Night Diamond cursor set by BlooGuy. Almost all of the cursors are animated. Sometimes they work, but other times the cursors all of a sudden will stop animating. Anyone know why?...
  3. printer sometimes work but not articles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer sometimes work but not articles: My printer won't print articles even though it acts like it is processing it's printing. Only the articles it won't print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-sometimes-work-but-not-articles/a36955ff-31fc-4559-b1bb-a70a738c0b69
  4. Fast startup sometime on sometime off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast startup sometime on sometime off: I have activated the Fast startup option on my PC, but sometimes my PC boots normally, sometimes it boots fast. I noticed when the shutdown sometimes the screen turns off first before the machine is completely off (like if fast startup is turned on) and sometimes it also dies...
  5. my cursor is not working sometimes

my cursor is not working sometimes: hello...this is my problem. sometimes my cursor glitches out or it will move by itself or....its changing the type of cursor its like changing in to a old school computer cursor...
  6. My laptop shutts down sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop shutts down sometimes: Good day, tenforumers ! I'm asking you again 'cause my laptop has a problem. It shutts down sometimes. It stops instantly. *cry Specs : System Spec Computer type: Laptop System Manufacturer/Model Number: TOSHIBA SATELLITE L850D-138 OS: Windows 10 Home CPU: AMD A8-4500 M...
  7. Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email: Does anyone have any idea why it might be the case that Mail, seemingly at random, sometimes notifies me and it sometimes doesn't of newly arrived emails. It doesn't seem to vary based on individual emails, but individual bootups. In other words, sometimes when I turn the...
  8. Mystery of the "sometimes" driver (sometimes works, sometimes not)..?

Mystery of the "sometimes" driver (sometimes works, sometimes not)..?: I have this old-ish Midi interface. The last driver was a windows 8 driver. So, I restart in unsigned driver mode and browse manually to the driver. I made alterations in the .INF file so Win10 would be happier. Win10 loads it up but complains. So a bit sad I do a normal...
  9. Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up: Hi, I'm having a strange issue that could be simple to fix, or could be something much worse. I bought this laptop a few years ago, installed a SSD, and received random BSOD's once in every 2-3 weeks maybe, so I just put up with it. But the SSD has eventually stopped...
  10. Stick to initial screen sometimes doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Stick to initial screen sometimes doesn't work: Hi guys. I need a little help. I used to stick my apps on start menu, but after a fresh install sometimes doesn't work. I search app in start menu, right click and stick to initial screen, but sometimes not work, so I have to restart windows to made it work again. Anyone...