Windows 10: Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't

Discus and support Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; using Excel 2016 and sticky keys; do not know if problem is present without sticky keys. Other key shortcuts work fine. This seems to happen after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jalea148, Sep 14, 2019.

1. jalea148 Win User

Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't

using Excel 2016 and sticky keys; do not know if problem is present without sticky keys. Other key shortcuts work fine. This seems to happen after doing a large paste from another spreadsheet. It does not happen every time.

:)

jalea148, Sep 14, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 25, 2019
  3. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Okay thanks. Didn't know that tool.
    It does list Ctrl+Shift+, 3 & 8. But it doesn't say what they're registered to. (And nothing seems to happen when I press them.)

The tool turns up a very short list, by the way, compared to the screenshots on that site. Just these three plus:
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+Delete
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+J (I know what this is from)
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+K (Kindle)
    Hot Key : Alt+F4

franklekens, Sep 25, 2019
  4. CezarGutu Win User

ctrl and shift not working

sorry that im writing without capslock but they stopped working. for some days my ctrl and shift dont work in the way they used to work and they need to work. for example ctrl c ctrl v ctrl a commands don't work. in my browser when i try to press shift
    and plus or shift and the line next to it it zooms in and out, sorry i cant show them because i can't use them like i said, also trying to shift plus letters works just on some like A, G. but for the rest of the letter it just does commands it doesnt make
    caps letters but random commands . pls i resally some help . thanks

CezarGutu, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't - Similar Threads - Sometimes CTRL+shift+ down

2. Both the shift keys not working sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both the shift keys not working sometimes: Product: HP Laptop Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11I've had this laptop for just under 3 years and both shift keys have been malfunctioning for a while now, entire keyboard works normally but those 2 sometimes just stop working for hours. I've tried checking, updating...
  3. Ctrl + Shift + Down not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + Shift + Down not working: Well, technically everything the same as in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ctrl-shift-down-not-working/c639e462-e2d2-4b71-95a1-e8fe16e04fc6 except i found this issue in pycharm instead of excelthis key combination doesnt work in any app, also i didnt...
  4. Ctrl + Shift + Down not working

Ctrl + Shift + Down not working: Well, technically everything the same as in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ctrl-shift-down-not-working/c639e462-e2d2-4b71-95a1-e8fe16e04fc6 except i found this issue in pycharm instead of excelthis key combination doesnt work in any app, also i didnt...
  5. ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes: I noticed lately some of our machines, when they go to sleep hitting any key or ctrl+alt+del does not bring the login screen - it’s just flickers and goes away. Users have to reboot the machine which sucks. Anybody seen this issue before? submitted by /u/Poutcheki [link]...
  6. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  7. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  8. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Bluetooth sometimes works and sometimes doesn't on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth sometimes works and sometimes doesn't on startup: Hi, my bluetooth has been acting very weird. When bluetooth works, it shows up in the notification bar and as expected, it works when paired. But when it doesn't, it disappears from the bar and I have no way to turn it back on unless if i probably do a restart. I have tried...
  10. Picture Application sometimes works , sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Picture Application sometimes works , sometimes doesn't: Hi sometimes when I open an image (.jpg or .png) with the picture application I either got : Picture application open but doesn't show the image (white picture) Picture application doesn't open and 10 sec/15 sec after windows say "the application has not started within the...