Windows 10: Sometimes i get BSOD's and dont know what is causing it

Discus and support Sometimes i get BSOD's and dont know what is causing it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; sometimes when i game or just use my pc in general I get BSOD's and I'm unsure what is causing it.i have tried to use the windows memory diagnostic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fluxler, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Fluxler Win User

Sometimes i get BSOD's and dont know what is causing it

sometimes when i game or just use my pc in general I get BSOD's and I'm unsure what is causing it.i have tried to use the windows memory diagnostic tool and it came back fine every timelink to minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiLn01J7amTenyRR3yR0iOkN6ICL?e=Pbuc1cOn Fri 23.04.2021 13:41:21 your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\PoW32kWatchdog-20210423-1341.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!IoUnregisterShutdownNotification+0xF84 Bugcheck code: 0x1A1 0xFFFFD00B03C7F100, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0Error

:)

Fluxler, Apr 23, 2021
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Msap14 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Apr 23, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

ntoskrnl.exe and amdppm.sys causing BSODs

@xcraft02 I can see you are now following zbook's advice so I will step away and let him continue. I'll be available if he needs me. Having too many people advise you is counterproductive as we all have different methods. I was hoping to explore the possible causes step by step so that the primary cause for your BSOD would be found. Now that you are making multiple changes at a time it will be difficult to pinpoint the actual cause. In the end it is important that you are free of the BSOD crashes, knowing why they happened is useful for others and for future improvements but not essential.

philc43, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Sometimes i get BSOD's and dont know what is causing it - Similar Threads - Sometimes BSOD's dont

2. i dont know what to do i keep getting bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont know what to do i keep getting bsod: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎3/‎1/‎2024 2:14 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 7eParameter 1: ffffffffc000001dParameter 2: fffff80559455a6dParameter 3: ffffb60288b9f168Parameter 4: ffff928140de1900OS version:...
  3. i dont know what to do i keep getting bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i dont know what to do i keep getting bsod: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎3/‎1/‎2024 2:14 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 7eParameter 1: ffffffffc000001dParameter 2: fffff80559455a6dParameter 3: ffffb60288b9f168Parameter 4: ffff928140de1900OS version:...
  4. I am getting BSOD and i dont know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting BSOD and i dont know why: I get blue screened when playing games and sometimes my games crash without getting a BSOD and i don't know how to tell why i am getting a BSOD i went into the event viewer and this is what it says any idea on what would be crashing my computer? I have updated graphics...
  5. I am getting BSOD and i dont know why

I am getting BSOD and i dont know why: I get blue screened when playing games and sometimes my games crash without getting a BSOD and i don't know how to tell why i am getting a BSOD i went into the event viewer and this is what it says any idea on what would be crashing my computer? I have updated graphics...
  6. I dont know whats causing my blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont know whats causing my blue screens: I've spent thousands on my pc to get it fixed, changed new computer parts and a new processor. ive changed the BIOS setting upon knowing my processor is partially overclocked know im still getting blue screens. ive checked the event viewer and solved a few culprits but know...
  7. I dont know whats causing my blue screens

I dont know whats causing my blue screens: I've spent thousands on my pc to get it fixed, changed new computer parts and a new processor. ive changed the BIOS setting upon knowing my processor is partially overclocked know im still getting blue screens. ive checked the event viewer and solved a few culprits but know...
  8. I dont know whats causing my blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD! Dont know what to do anymore!!!

BSOD! Dont know what to do anymore!!!: Hello, I posted before about this I believe this is my third time now but to no avail. I recently upgraded my PC, new motherboard, new ram and new CPU, I kept my old power supply and hard drives as well one HDD and one SDD. I have been getting BSOD since I've started using my...
  10. I dont know what is happenig

I dont know what is happenig: I wanted to ask I have windows 10 and when I turn on a game called league of legends its saying in task manager that league of legends is 60% in task manager but in task manager is saying that the hole processor is working on 100% and its just the game nothing in the...